Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I have these sparkplugs currently installed in my GT:

BOSCH Spark Plug 0 242 230 508 LOT 4 pcs. (HR 8 NI 332 W)
Electrode Gap [mm]: 0.9
Tightening Torque [Nm]: 20
Tightening angle [degrees]: 15
Outer thread [mm]: 14
Thread Pitch [mm]: 1.25
Thread Length [mm ]: 25
Spanner Size: 16
Spark Position [mm]: 4
Number of Poles: 1
EAN: 4047024278011

Maybe it is me but i feel the car a little hesitant at low rpm, mostly when it is warm. Should i try the NGK 5476 which are the same as OEM AC-Delco 41--108? (NGK produces it for AC-Delco) or there is virtually no difference with Bosch's one?
(I think the only difference is the Bosch one spark position is 4 mm and NGK/AC-Delco is 3.5 mm. Gap is 0.9 mm / 0.035 inches in both)

·
Premium Member
Black 2008 Saturn Sky Redline (manual)
61 Posts
Everything I saw when researching plugs for my change was to stick with OEM plugs. Did that to mine with 56k and haven't had an issue.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Me too, stayed stock.

Reactions: Gtholic

·
Registered
618 Posts
I change my plugs every 20k (turbo cars are a lot harder on plugs). Even though the owner's manual says 100k. I've changed mine 3 times in 60k now. Cheap insurance. Also don't stray from the OE suggestion of ACDelco or NGK. As we've found out from other's misfortune, gimmicky plugs only cause CELs in our cars.

Reactions: Gtholic

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Just FYI for those who don't know....

When changing spark plugs, if any one plug is oily on the outside, you should also replace your valve cover gasket which includes the gaskets for the spark plugs. If ignored, the upper chamber of your spark plug(s) will fill with motor oil which will affect engine behavior and performance, which will eventually turn on your "Check Engine" light.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
I change my plugs every 20k (turbo cars are a lot harder on plugs). Even though the owner's manual says 100k. I've changed mine 3 times in 60k now. Cheap insurance. Also don't stray from the OE suggestion of ACDelco or NGK. As we've found out from other's misfortune, gimmicky plugs only cause CELs in our cars.
Complete Engine Loss? Or Check Engine Light?

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Just FYI for those who don't know....

When changing spark plugs, if any one plug is oily on the outside, you should also replace your valve cover gasket which includes the gaskets for the spark plugs. If ignored, the upper chamber of your spark plug(s) will fill with motor oil which will affect engine behavior and performance, which will eventually turn on your "Check Engine" light.
Can confirm. Just changed my valve cover gasket and it was definitely time... My old gasket was disintegrating in parts. Hard as a rock too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts