Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey driving my sky today and the check engine light came on and i started bogging real bad. i mean that acceleration sucks and dont really feel safe driving the car. considering all the other paint issues i have had with the car saturn finally decides to let me exchange my vehicle:cheers:
but i was just wondering if anyone else has expierenced this problem with their sky?? let me know because i am interested to know what caused this. they also told me that i would be carless for about six weeks too but considering that i am getting a new sky with zero miles and hopefully nothing wrong with it its worth the wait

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
At least they did the right thing. It sounds like the kindergarden group touring the plant that day got a chance to build a car...yours. :lol: :lol:
Not really funny, but I am glad they are going to get you back in a SKY

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
ME TOO, MR. BILL.....:D

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
No check engine light yet. I hope the new SKY is perfect. :thumbs:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks called onstar they said take it directly to dealer. and they asked me if i was towing anything. go figure
:willy:

·
Registered
163 Posts
gas cap on tight?? :confused:

Just a thought... Maybe it's something simple like that. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yup that was the first thing i checked. and i dont think it was the gas either because my whole family uses this gas station and it is exxon so i dont think that the brand name is cheap either.

·
Registered
354 Posts
How miles ? Is it over 30 days old ?
I glad Saturn did the right thing.

Good luck on your next SKY

·
Super Moderator
11,446 Posts
I was going to say gas cap too.

For those that may not know, when you fill up be sure to put your gas cap on completely. If it is loose your Check Engine light may come on. So if your light comes on and you just filled up within the last day be sure to check that cap before anything else.

Let us know what the dealer says.

·
Registered
9 Posts
check engine light

My Saturn Sky had 40 mile on it when the engine light came on went to dealer and they could not fine the fail code? As per tech, he re-booted the system and the light went off. 2 days later 100 mile the lights on. I opened the hood and noticed the sensor wire was touching the engine. I relocated the wire away from the motor and have not seen the light on since. Would recommend an 89 or better octane grade of gas.

·
Registered
653 Posts
hey driving my sky today and the check engine light came on and i started bogging real bad. i mean that acceleration sucks and dont really feel safe driving the car. considering all the other paint issues i have had with the car saturn finally decides to let me exchange my vehicle:cheers:
but i was just wondering if anyone else has expierenced this problem with their sky?? let me know because i am interested to know what caused this. they also told me that i would be carless for about six weeks too but considering that i am getting a new sky with zero miles and hopefully nothing wrong with it its worth the wait
Sounds like your car went into Limp Mode. This is designed such that if there is some other major problem, the car will only work at a fraction of it's power, so as not to mess anything up further. Gald the dealer is making things right for you though!

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I was going to say gas cap too. For those that may not know, when you fill up be sure to put your gas cap on completely. If it is loose your Check Engine light may come on.
Gas cap on completely is accomplished by giving it approximately 1/4 turn clockwise to the first click or just before. If you go further, you un-fasten it again. It will go round and round forever, merrily fastening, clicking and unfastening.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sounds like your car went into Limp Mode. This is designed such that if there is some other major problem, the car will only work at a fraction of it's power, so as not to mess anything up further. Gald the dealer is making things right for you though!
That's how it is on my SRT-4............if you throw 3 or more codes at once it goes into "limp mode". The car will cut timing at 3500rpms which causes it to fall on its face.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Gas cap on completely is accomplished by giving it approximately 1/4 turn clockwise to the first click or just before. If you go further, you un-fasten it again. It will go round and round forever, merrily fastening, clicking and unfastening.
Not on mine; it clicks again and again but stays secure... it ratchets at the stops -- so give it a twist and it will always stay tight, it does not go loose again.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I actually had this happen to me while I test drove my dealerships demo sky. When I was at a light the check engine light came out and the car started to jerk very lightly at a stop light, I went to accelerate I had the pedal to the floor the car would not go over 20 but was at the proper RPM for 20mph. SO I put it in the shop, the trouble code pretty much stated throttle not learned. Now what this means is... the computer trys to learn the drivers style, if its a fast racer type of person or old grandma style, it helps the sky deliever smooth ships once it has learned your driving pattern. The tack had to Turn the car off for a few minutes let it run 3 minutes shut off for 60 seconds, repeated it 3 times so that the computer can clear the code. And re learn Throttle positions

·
Registered
144 Posts
I actually had this happen to me while I test drove my dealerships demo sky. When I was at a light the check engine light came out and the car started to jerk very lightly at a stop light, I went to accelerate I had the pedal to the floor the car would not go over 20 but was at the proper RPM for 20mph. SO I put it in the shop, the trouble code pretty much stated throttle not learned. Now what this means is... the computer trys to learn the drivers style, if its a fast racer type of person or old grandma style, it helps the sky deliever smooth ships once it has learned your driving pattern. The tack had to Turn the car off for a few minutes let it run 3 minutes shut off for 60 seconds, repeated it 3 times so that the computer can clear the code. And re learn Throttle positions
BUMP! incase you guys didnt catch some good info!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts