Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone suggest items that should be checked PRIOR to taking the car from the dealer. I know that they to the PDI, pre delivery inspection. But what OTHER items should we check for. Or what importand items on the PDI should we check to make sure that they were really done?
I'm picking mine up tomorrow afternoon.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
The wheel well rub is the first that comes to my mind. I've also heard mention of having the wheel alignment checked...one poster claimed his got knocked out of whack during transport. Trunk seals is another one that I remember reading a lot about.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Even if you do miss a few things, remember it is still under warranty. I am taking mine back in tomorrow after work to install my aftermaket items, plus getting a new radio (caught on pdi that it is not working properly) my ignition is sticking when the car sits for a while in the heat, and truck not closing even on both sides. Thank goodness no wheel rub.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Look under both front fenders just behind the wheel for a crack right at the frame. It's not on the side it is under the car so you will have to get down and look under the car. If it is cracked it starts at the frame and comes up the side of the car. Also while you're down there look for insulation hanging down that didn't get trimmed. Good luck and enjoy!:driving: :driving:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Underbody

I would suggest to take the car on the dealers lifter and check the total underbody before you drive home. If there is any demage you can notify it in the papers and there is no problem with warranty if you find it later.
Dealer can't argue you had done it yourself and it might not fall under warranty.

·
Registered
66 Posts
any other suggestions-bump

Can anyone suggest items that should be checked PRIOR to taking the car from the dealer. I know that they to the PDI, pre delivery inspection. But what OTHER items should we check for. Or what importand items on the PDI should we check to make sure that they were really done?
I'm picking mine up tomorrow afternoon.
Ours should be next week,anything else we should look for?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
I would check the paint very carefully, as I do with any new car. My Sky went back three times to fix a chip that was caused by the hood being slightly off. Had I not noticed it at delivery, the repairs probably would've been on my dime. Enjoy the new ride!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks

Thanks-Hopefully suggestions will keep coming in. The excitement of picking it up I for one would neglect to see some of the issues that might create a problem. Bill

·
Registered
66 Posts
RMFNSKY-THANKS alot-that is what I was looking for. Bill

·
Registered
289 Posts
Tire inflator

I drove 2 hours to get my SKY. When I put the top down the first time I noticed that the ire inflator/fix-a-flat unit in the trunk was missing. They wnated me to drive there and get it and I said NO-WAY mail it to me and they did. They also gave me a "we owe" $150 gas card. I couldn't get them to budge on the price of the car so they gave me the card and coupld other goodies. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts