Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.welovesaturns.com/concepts/2002sky.html I found this site while surfing around on the net - funny how things change.
I thought some of you might want to see it.

"A versatile seating package allows the Sky to convert easily from a two-place to four-place seating. The extra seats in the rear stow away underneath the tonneau cover when not in use."

"The gear shifter on the five-speed manual transmission can be folded into the center console when the vehicle is parked for unobstructed pass-through."

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
That concept later evolved into the Saturn Curve but it was scrapped for the Kappa platform-ed Sky!!!

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
Sky Dealer said:
That concept later evolved into the Saturn Curve but it was scrapped for the Kappa platform-ed Sky!!!

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:
The Curve was a Kappa... I wouldn't say the Curve evolved out of the 2002 SKY concept.

If you meant there were styling cue similarities between the old SKY and the Curve Concept... yes, I see those... it has a similar grill, similar fog lamp areas in bumper, similar headlights... basically the face is very similar with all other parts not, and to be honsest, before this thread, I didn't think of how similar they truly were.

They must have had... even up to the Curve... a different idea for an identity design then they do now. I am happy they did change it... IMHO, the SKY and Aura do have a better front end look then the Curve.

·
Registered
182 Posts
"The living badge"

"Even the Saturn badges on the Sky’s grille and front doors glow red once the car is running. “We call it the ‘living badge,’” Smith added." :lol:

I still like the looks of the Curve, but glad they went back to the soft top.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Where's the vomit emoticon...

Yeah, GM did a good thing ditching both designs in favor of the Vauxhall inspired one.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Thank God the original concept never made it!!

That thing is hideous and has the standard ugly "saturnish" lights of yester-years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts