Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer received a Black/Tan SKY Friday, drivers side door sill read SATURN, however passenger side door sill read PONTIAC,:lol: now how weird is that. I am not making this up, I saw it my own self. Will get pix tomorrow as it is in showroom till Thursday. Replacement sill is ordered, however I think the owner should keep the PONTIAC sill, makes it a rare breed, you think?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
A SOL/SKY
Or SKY/SOL:D

·
Registered
255 Posts
Could be a collectors item !!!!!!!!!::)

·
Registered
325 Posts
I would keep it, that's kind of cool!
It will be worth millions like the Upside Down Jenny Stamps!

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'll wait for the GxpLine Turbo version :thumbs:

This used to happen all the time on the trucks. One side would say Chevy and the other GMC...

·
Registered
154 Posts
One Better

The GM of my local Saturn Dealer told me that he is aware of a sky that was built with a complete Solstice interior.
Don't know for sure if it actually true but it makes a good story.
He went on to say that it went unnoticed until it was delivered to the dealer,
When Saturn got word of it they demanded the car back, but the GM refused.
Would like to get some idea if this is actually true, but don't have away of double checking the story

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
GMinTheDriveway said:
I'll wait for the GxpLine Turbo version :thumbs:

This used to happen all the time on the trucks. One side would say Chevy and the other GMC...
You Mean the Red-P (oh my that sounds nasty)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Just got Ernest's pic on my cell. Sure enough it says Solstice...:eek:

·
Registered
277 Posts
About 10 years ago, a buddy of mine had a Mercury Mountaineer. On the right door sill, it said Explorer. This does happen often on shared assembly lines.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Stu's Sky said:
About 10 years ago, a buddy of mine had a Mercury Mountaineer. On the right door sill, it said Explorer. This does happen often on shared assembly lines.
At least I can understand how this happens. They have two parts bins, and either part will fit perfectly well. Not that it should happen.

Off-topic but related, we bought Sesame Street shoes for my two-year-old. The soles of the shoes have little molds of Sesame Street characters. The right shoes also has the word "Right" molded into it, presumably so the little one can learn right from left. However, the left shoe also has "Right" molded into its sole! Now this is not a case of two parts bins that are interchangeable!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Problem 2007

I'm thinking about next year when there are Sol's, Skies, Opel Gt's and maybe Daewoo on the same line mixed together :confused:
Hope they don't send me a "maxi mixed" to Germany :D

·
Registered
370 Posts
Gnarly Dude! a Satiac Skystice!:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts