Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
That's what Delnari keeps refering to is happening to his Solstice and eventually his Sky.

·
Registered
52 Posts
it'll be insane to see a sol or sky with a v8 but dont you think thats a little over kill? the companies spent alot of time and $$$ to get the 52/48 weight distro, and with a v8 your throw that out the window. 400 is impressive but i bet within a year of the release of the sol some lunatic will have 400 with the stock motor and a turbo. that weighs alot less (i would think) then teh 8. thats me though and more power to whoever wants a v8 in their ride. im just not 1 of them.

·
Registered
102 Posts
skyster said:
400 is impressive but i bet within a year of the release of the sol some lunatic will have 400 with the stock motor and a turbo.

I'm willing to bet it won't take that long, I'm thinking before the end of this year we will start seeing FI cars.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I have a friend that did something like that to a Vega (of all things) and it was a station wagon. :lol: He was at a street corner in downtown Toronto with his girlfriend of the time when some dude pulled up beside him and made fun of his ride (the car that is) :brentil: .

He had to save face so when the light turned green he dropped the hammer! Oh yah and his rear end too. :lol:

·
Registered
750 Posts
brentil said:
That's what Delnari keeps refering to is happening to his Solstice and eventually his Sky.
I seriously can't wait to see the pictures of that.... I've been buggin delnari about it. :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yep sounds fast

Does anyone out there remember the sunbeam tiger. A car a lot like the sky with a shellby full blown 302 if remember right. Good getting killed in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Cowboy said:
Does anyone out there remember the sunbeam tiger. A car a lot like the sky with a shellby full blown 302 if remember right. Good getting killed in.

Yep, I remember. A friend had a Sunbeam Alpine, so I took note of such things. I walked past one parked on a curb in Austin. As I recall they were great for a quarter mile, but God help you if you had to turn, because the car didn't want to. It just wanted to keep going straight.

·
Registered
554 Posts
skyster said:
it'll be insane to see a sol or sky with a v8 but dont you think thats a little over kill? the companies spent alot of time and $$$ to get the 52/48 weight distro, and with a v8 your throw that out the window. 400 is impressive but i bet within a year of the release of the sol some lunatic will have 400 with the stock motor and a turbo. that weighs alot less (i would think) then teh 8. thats me though and more power to whoever wants a v8 in their ride. im just not 1 of them.
The LS2 V8 is a chevy small block engine with not a lot of extra weight. The engine is being mounted into the engine bay at the best possible position to counter the driver's weight and give optimal front/rear distribution. Mallett Cars build street legal racing machines that offer the best street/track performance. No worries about the handling being upset with this. Actually the car will handle better, stop shorter, and have higher grip than stock. Oh, the acceleration will be a little improved too. :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
skyster said:
Also, you have to realize there are plenty of cars that handle extremely well without coming close to the 50/50 ratio. Yes, 50/50 weight ratio is a wonderful thing, but there are plenty of porsches and other vehicles that get by just fine with numbers far from 50/50. And as mentioned above, although a v8 would change that ratio, it won't change it as bad as you seem to think it will.

·
Registered
52 Posts
im not saying its a bad idea, i just dont think it really necessary. more power to whoever wants this swap but i'll stay allm otor 4banger. like i said tho, it will be ONE KILLER SWAP

·
Registered
4 Posts
V8 power and weight

I had a Sunbeam Tiger and really enjoyed the tire smoke. The car was fun, but did not handle well, but man could it eat tires......I hope that this great new car will remain well balanced by not having a boat anchor V8 stuffed into the engine comp. Lets keep it a great looking and handling car....

·
Registered
295 Posts
The folks that want the V8 Solstice or SKY are the ones who can afford to have a toy like that. LOL. I just try to make friends with folks who can afford to have cars like that.... :lol:
However, I am trying to become the Southeastern US distributor for Mallett's V8 SKYs. I only need a 60% deposit on the conversion....after you have paid for the SKY of course....and I get to test drive it...and drive it to my high school reunion...
Cheers,
Jill
<<daydreaming as I go to fix the door panels on my 95 SC2>>

1 - 13 of 13 Posts