Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After leaving my dealer today I dropped in opn the Pontiac dealer across the hiway, to check out a SOL. They first told me thay had none, until a salesman came out and said thay had a white one come in, 2 days ago, which he said was strange because thay had sold all there allotment for the year.?:confused: Anyway he drove me off to the body shop where they had it stored. I looked it over, was nice but found the front end not acceptabkle to me. Well, I am 6'2", 275 lbs and was apprehensive about fittin in the drivers seat, after all If I don't fit in a SOL, no way I can fit in the SKY, right?:eek: :D Imagine how nervous I was because if I can't fit it, why buy it! I sat in it, and, and, and, THERE WAS PLENTY OF ROOM FOR MY FAT BELLY, AND COULD PROBABLY MOVE THE SEAT FORWARD SOME:thumbs:

I was amazed at how much interior room there was, more than I ever imagined.:D :thumbs:

The top was up and I probably had 6-8" head clearance to the roof.

The only two problems I encounterd were:

I had to bend my head forward almost chin to chest to get in, but once I cleared the top frame, it fit beautifully.

The second problem was the top bar of the windshield is just above my eye level, which I think it will okay, but it could impair my vision of traffic signals.
I think I can recline the seat, it was fully upright and get a little more vision out the front. I am not to worried as I plan to drive top down in good weather most of the time because it is just a toy for me to play with, I can live with it I think. The salesman was really trying to sell it to me, after all was said and done, I told him it was just not the color I would wantand besides I already have a SKY on order whioch is probably being built as we speak. Thanked him and left.:lol:

So I am keeping my SKY, and I will work around these little problems. Worse case scenario, I might bump my head a time or two, and stopped a little farther back from the intersection,:lol:

ERNEST:thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Now see iffen you do get in and out slow, people will say that your being careful. Now with the top down just jump over the door and slide into place. And as to stopping back further back from the lites, it gives you more room to smoke the tires and scare the pedestians in front of you.Skip...:cheers: :cool:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Skip said:
Now see iffen you do get in and out slow, people will say that your being careful. Now with the top down just jump over the door and slide into place. And as to stopping back further back from the lites, it gives you more room to smoke the tires and scare the pedestians in front of you.Skip...:cheers: :cool:
Thanks for the tip,SKIP:thumbs:thumbs:
:thumbs:
ERNEST:thumbs: :jester: :lol:

·
Registered
102 Posts
My husband and I are going to do the same test this afternoon. I found out yesterday there is a Solstice here in Kerrville at the local dealer. My husband is about your size Ernest and we had the same fears about getting in. However, I only have to worry about him getting into the passenger seat. :)

Sheryl

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
bumsky2 said:
My husband and I are going to do the same test this afternoon. I found out yesterday there is a Solstice here in Kerrville at the local dealer. My husband is about your size Ernest and we had the same fears about getting in. However, I only have to worry about him getting into the passenger seat. :)

Sheryl
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for the info, at my age of 63, I was also concerned about the size of seat and getting in and out. U'r larger but all of us have concerns about the seats and trunk space it appears.

thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts