Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Page 17 of my February Motor Trend has speculation of a V6 Chevy on the Kappa platform. They are calling it the Sting Ray. It would be poised above the Pontiac/Saturn/Saab offerings but below the Corvette. Horsepower anywhere from 240 to 255.

I say build it. I'll drive the Sky until the Sting Ray is ready!

·
Registered
623 Posts
These people are the reason GM is in the toilet (The Chevy needs everything people).

CHEVY does not need a kappa. It's a HORRID IDEA. Chevy has Corvette, and soon the Camaro is coming back. That's it, they don't need more. Fix Malibu, Impala and Monte Carlo (at least make Monte and Impala RWD!!!). Bring back the Caprice and the Chevelle both as RWD, and put the GXP Turbo in the Cobalt SS.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If this turns out to be anything more than a concept car I'll be surpised but knowing all the bad decisions that GM has made recently perhaps I shouldn't be. I'd much rather have them come out with that sexy Nomad concept it would acctually cover an area that GM doesn't have right now. They dont need a "cheap corvette"

Either way I'll believe it when I see it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I thought the same thing, put a V6 into these cars as the next version upgrade. Maybe the Stingray will have all carbon fiber panels, hood, and trunk too. If the total weight was under 2600 lbs it would be equal in power to weight ratio of a current C6 Corvette!

·
Registered
727 Posts
GM has been very clear that it does not intend to offer a V6 in a kappa platform car. So I suspect that this will be a "showcar" only. There have been some rumors that Chevy would have a kappa based showcar which would portray what a production zeta light based sport/muscle car will look like. If those rumors are true, this stingray may be the car that will point towards the next Camaro/Chevelle/Whatever they ultimately call it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts