Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks -- Tinley Park is a SW suburb of Chicago.
Looking for fellow sky owners (or soon to be owners) would be cool to get together.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
Hi folks -- Tinley Park is a SW suburb of Chicago.
Looking for fellow sky owners (or soon to be owners) would be cool to get together.

hey rick we are from wisconsin no car yet waiting for restriction release on automatics, chrome wheels to even be able to order.

sky baby may get hers friday.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Hi there..... Bentley.. and Rick...... lets plan a get together..... MY PLACE...BBQ... sounds fun...... let me know..... email me..... or PM me for my number...Bentley has it.... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Weather-wise -- just got wet...

As far as making BBQ plans and the like -- I am not going to plan anything until Sunni comes home... I don't want to second guess or build up hope to be busted (did OK calmly waiting to image - went from the 9 to the 4 spot by just keeping quiet -:D ). . .
So while I'd love to hear from all perspective SKY owners. . . Please understand any concrete plans have to wait until we have more ACTUAL Sky owners...

Oh and SkyBaby?? --- The ride from my town to yours is actually a lot of fun - there is a nice route on roads other than Expsways. . .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Your friendly fellow some day owner (imaged March 16) on hold at 025 or 030 until chrome wheels available is here in northwest Indiana.:cheers:

·
Registered
745 Posts
Sounds like a plan.

Hi Rick count me in I just picked up my Sky from Saturn of Elmhurst on Saturday. P.M. me I'll give you my phone number, when you want to get Illinois Skys together.
Scott

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
Weather-wise -- just got wet...

As far as making BBQ plans and the like -- I am not going to plan anything until Sunni comes home... I don't want to second guess or build up hope to be busted (did OK calmly waiting to image - went from the 9 to the 4 spot by just keeping quiet -:D ). . .
So while I'd love to hear from all perspective SKY owners. . . Please understand any concrete plans have to wait until we have more ACTUAL Sky owners...

Oh and SkyBaby?? --- The ride from my town to yours is actually a lot of fun - there is a nice route on roads other than Expsways. . .
The ride is a blast... specially on a bike... but.. I AM GOING TO LOVE IT .. IN MY BABY... hopefully here..... by wednesday... but... they say.. FRIDAY... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
308 Posts
Bbq

Skybaby just let me know after everything settles down with your dad, maybe you and hubby and rick from tinley park can meet each other and come up to Beloit WI and go out on our pontoon boat for a ride ( boat has a full enclosure cover that we can take off if it is warm enough, and maybe when we get back someone will give me a ride in their new sky's :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: (do i sound like i am bagging ) yep i am

because it looks like i will not get mine till next year the way things are going

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
bentley said:
Skybaby just let me know after everything settles down with your dad, maybe you and hubby and rick from tinley park can meet each other and come up to Beloit WI and go out on our pontoon boat for a ride ( boat has a full enclosure cover that we can take off if it is warm enough, and maybe when we get back someone will give me a ride in their new sky's :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: (do i sound like i am bagging ) yep i am

because it looks like i will not get mine till next year the way things are going
Sounds great...... and.. we also have a SKI boat..... that would be awesome also..... any DISTRACTION.... right now would be a great thing.... SkyBaby-07

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
We were informed last night when we were asked to come in to SIGN paperwork that my car wont be here ... well, dont plan on it til around the 20th.... GRRRRRRR.... they wanted us to SIGN A DEAL.... THE ACTUAL SALE.. WITHOUT THE CAR????? I THINK NOT!!!!!!!! we talked to George, the GM and decided we will SIGN THE SALE PAPERS.... the day the car gets there.... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SkyBaby said:
We were informed last night when we were asked to come in to SIGN paperwork that my car wont be here ... well, dont plan on it til around the 20th.... GRRRRRRR.... they wanted us to SIGN A DEAL.... THE ACTUAL SALE.. WITHOUT THE CAR????? I THINK NOT!!!!!!!! we talked to George, the GM and decided we will SIGN THE SALE PAPERS.... the day the car gets there.... SkyBaby-07
I'd sign BUT I'd add:
This deal can be voided at the time of delivery by the buyer reasons including but not limited to:
Mechanical defects and or damage
Visible and invisible defects not immediately discovered

I am sure you can come up with a list -- just make sure you include -- "Including but not limited to."
Have them sign off on that first...

·
Registered
308 Posts
SkyBaby said:
Sounds great...... and.. we also have a SKI boat..... that would be awesome also..... any DISTRACTION.... right now would be a great thing.... SkyBaby-07
just let me know when and we will set it up.:thumbs: :thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
I'd sign BUT I'd add:
This deal can be voided at the time of delivery by the buyer reasons including but not limited to:
Mechanical defects and or damage
Visible and invisible defects not immediately discovered

I am sure you can come up with a list -- just make sure you include -- "Including but not limited to."
Have them sign off on that first...

We did ask if after the car gets here and the "DEAL" so to speak is signed..... what if there is a problem..... in transit?? defects?? just something wrong... CAN WE JUST VOID THAT PAPERWORK??? OR ARE WE LOCKED INTO IT...? well... THEIR ANSWER.... WAS... ONCE THE PAPERWORK IS SIGNED..... YOU WOULD HAVE TO SELL THE CAR OR WITH THEIR "SATURN RETURN POLICY" , wait for another replacement... in the meanwhile... STILL PAY FOR THE PAPERWORK FEES... ETC.... i dont think so.... we will wait... taking NO chances here anymore... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
As long as you do not drive the car off the lot, you should be able to cancel the deal. If you re buying a new car, it should be delivered to you in new car condition. If there is a problem, do not let the dealer try to strong arm you. The best thing is to get the General Manager involved. I am sure since you are dealing with a Saturn dealership, there won't be any problems. Good Luck !!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was told that my Sky MIGHT be built next week. :) I'm going to make several trips to Northern Ill. Unver. and then up to Michigan via WI this summer. So who knows maybe we can meet up sometime this summer. Keep in touch.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hello All!
Just a short post to let you know I purchased my Sky in South Holland,IL.
On 05/04/2007

As of today's date I have 540 miles on the odometer.
Not bad!

I live in Porter,IN.
But also own a home in Chicago so I travel between homes.

Looking forward to meeting other Sky owners!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Ok..... i am HOME..... WILL SOMEONE FROM ILLINOIS PLEASE let me SEE YOUR BABY????? My Skybaby is lonesome and wants some family..... SkyBaby-07... HEY RICK...... I MAY BE GOING TO ORLAND THIS AFTERNOON..... have a great day all....SkyBaby-07

1 - 20 of 24 Posts