Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all you Skys out there! We're putting together a little Kappa run/get together in the Chicago area Sept. 23.

The plan is to meet sometime in the late afternoon at Chicago Ridge Mall. We'll then take a nice cruise down Archer Ave. It's a nice ride through the forest preserves.

We can then head toward Downer's Grove and have some dinner. And then if people want to hang out where all the cars meet we could top the night off there.

Any takers? We've got a few Sols so far. Post if you want in and I'll start up "The List" with more details to follow!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Depending on weather

I'm in if I'm lucky maybe my Redline will be in by then. I have been swamped at work all thru August, if I can break away I will try and hook-up for this.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent!! We had 4 or 5 Sols interested, but haven't heard from anyone in a bit!

I'll put you down!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Gee I'd love to -- but too short of notice.
That weekend is booked solid already. I say that to let you know I really would love to join in but just too short of a notice..

Drat would have been great as the start point is 20 mins from home!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gee I'd love to -- but too short of notice.
That weekend is booked solid already. I say that to let you know I really would love to join in but just too short of a notice..

Drat would have been great as the start point is 20 mins from home!
Ooh, I knew you were close, Rick! And I knew you'd make it if you could!

Looks like Bill Hahn is in with his turbo Sol!! Yeeessssss!!!!! That car is S-weeeet!!!! :cool:

Here's who we have so far:

Sols:
Heesop
Ecoboost
ihawk95

Maybe: Go Boilers

Skys:
Eye On Sky

Where's Chicago Skyline?!? He'd do it!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Won't be able to make this one, but just a suggestion......that ride down Archer Ave through the forest preserve is okay, but way too short...you guys will blast through there in about 5-10 minutes...:lol: If you want a really nice cruise...you should head over to the Starved Rock area (Morris, Seneca, Ottawa, Utica)...some nice, curvier roads (Rt. 6 & Rt. 71 to name a few) out that way.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Won't be able to make this one, but just a suggestion......that ride down Archer Ave through the forest preserve is okay, but way too short...you guys will blast through there in about 5-10 minutes...:lol: If you want a really nice cruise...you should head over to the Starved Rock area (Morris, Seneca, Ottawa, Utica)...some nice, curvier roads (Rt. 6 & Rt. 71 to name a few) out that way.
Hook up with old Rt53 and head down toward Dwight IL -- You ride on The Mother Road (Route 66) and zip through some great towns...

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:cheers:
I've thought of that and may have posted it somewhere (either here or on the Solstice forum). I live 30 mins south of Starved Rock! Next year I'll host one and we'll do it! (I'm just the promoter on this one!) Rt. 71 has some nice twisties between Ottawa and Utica (only 6 miles). Only problem is, it's very popular and busy! Especially on a nice Saturday evening. Also, but I haven't been on it for about a month, there is a little construction on 71. 6 is so-so between I-39 and Marsailles. Can't speak for it all the way to Morris.

I also like the Rt 66 idea, but I think the boys from the burbs wanted to do something right in their own backyards rather than an hour away. There is supposed to be a pretty good cruise night in Downers to finish off the evening. I believe a couple of Kappas met up there a few months back and enjoyed it. This one also gives me a good excuse to visit my old neighbors in the burbs! I haven't been up to see them for a few months!

At any rate, sounds like we may have 2 more Sols. That would make 7 Kappas.

Rick & nscrbug, we'll catch ya next time!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Hawk it looks good

I will have my Redline before the 23rd. So weather and work permiting I will be there. Anyone waiting for a Redline heres your chance to see one up close and personal. So lets make this a good end of summer blowout and get all the area Skys out for this run. I'll pm local Sky friends see if i can drum up interest.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I will have my Redline before the 23rd. So weather and work permiting I will be there. Anyone waiting for a Redline heres your chance to see one up close and personal. So lets make this a good end of summer blowout and get all the area Skys out for this run. I'll pm local Sky friends see if i can drum up interest.
:brentil: . o O(Double drat...)

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
What time is everyone meeting at Chicago Ridge Mall? I may be able to meet there, but prolly won't be able to cruise with you...got too many errands to run....but I would like to see Scott's R/L up close, so I just might make the trip out to the mall.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm not sure yet. Let me find out and I'll post. Late afternoon or early evening I believe.

Very much looking forward to seeing the R/L!! :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Time

5:00 pm on Saturday the 23rd at the Chicago Ridge Mall. Exact place TBD.

We'll hang out for an hour or so, then we'll cruise.

Round of the troops!!!!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For those meeting at the Chicago Ridge Mall, we will meet by the entrance of 95th and Nashville. We will be by Sears and the LaSalle Bank right by 95th.

The game plan is to meet and greet at the mall first, then cruise down Archer Ave over to the White Castle on 75th and Lemont. We'll eat there since there are several restuarants on that corner.

Heeseop said on the Solstice forum he did a test run and it was a nice little drive.

See ya Saturday!

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Route 66 events in 2007?

As you plan events near Chicago, I would love to get your feedback on a Route 66 series of events in 2007, stretching from Los Angeles to Chicago. The Phoenix Sky-Sol club would love to support a segment of the event(s) in Flagstaff, where we have some awesome stretches of Old Route 66 through pine-covered forests near the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. I already talked to someone from the West Coast Kappa Car Club about the idea, but I thought we should at least look for interest on both ends (Chicago and LA) before we start a thread specifically on this topic. Any interest?

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks like I have to pass as well on the evening. Darn.
Miss you.
Well that stinks!! We'll catch you another time!

Hey...Your Wolverines sent ND on their way with quite the spanking yesterday! Ouch!!!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Well that stinks!! We'll catch you another time!

Hey...Your Wolverines sent ND on their way with quite the spanking yesterday! Ouch!!!
Yesterday was sweet and totally unexpected. Wisconsin is next.
You're not coming up for the Dells Run?

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Yesterday was sweet and totally unexpected. Wisconsin is next.
You're not coming up for the Dells Run?
Can't do. Ohio State the night of Sept 30th. I'll be you know where watching you know who get schooled by the Buckeyes. But the pre-game tailgating will be fantastic with it being a 7:00 pm game!

Back to topic...we have another Solstice joining us for Saturday. I think we have 7 or 8 now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts