Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I know this is beating a dead horse:deadhorse , but admit it, it keeps coming up over and over...
Since I took delivery of my Sky I have been making observations on the different sportscars I have seen the last several weeks, these are the figures I have come up with, I know it is not scientific, it is just what I have observed.

Solstice seen: 6 ...... men driving: 4 women driving: 2
Sky seen: Mine... Both me and my wife have driven it.
Miata seen: 15..... men driving: 4 women driving: 11
BMW Z3 & 4 Seen: 6... men driving: 1 women driving: 5
Corvette seen: 20.... men driving: 18 women driving: 2
Nissan 350 seen: 10.... men driving: 8 women driving: 2

Ok, do what you will with these numbers but that is how I have seen it over the last few weeks...

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Slade said:
Nice Research Bud!
Please Keep your eyes on the road though and not on that pad O' Paper your keepin Tabs on.

I'f you crash U lose a Part of all of us. lol
:cool:

Evan
I normally just look around when sitting at stop lights... and the if I see one on the road I will remember it long enough till I get stopped...

·
Registered
136 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
I normally just look around when sitting at stop lights... and the if I see one on the road I will remember it long enough till I get stopped...

good thinking ;)

the numbers sound about right though, that's the audience those cars are attracting.

i'm curious to see the drivers of the sky in a year or 2 though. miata's are known to be 'cute' cars that have become more for women. and vette's and z's are for men typically. sky seems to be up in the air at this point.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
I realy don't care what anyone thinks about my car, I didn't buy it for them I got it for me...anyway all my cars have my SEAL badge on them..they don't even get dinged in parking lots...Seal9:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
48 Posts
A chick car it is
but not what everyone thinks
this car attracts girls girls girls they love the sky some of them has come up to me wanting a ride or even a date.
I just can't believe the attraction the sky brings

anyone else this is happening too?

·
Registered
61 Posts
!

Guys, Dolls, does it really matter? I'm the one with the SKY beneath me! :cheers:

·
Registered
210 Posts
I can't remember if I've brought this up before in here or not, but here goes anyway. Take a look at the people driving the toyota matrix vs the pontiac vibe. The vibe is a relabeled matrix, but I tend to see more men behind the wheel of a matrix, and women behind the wheel of the vibe.

I think the guys-car/chicks-car debate went out the window back when automatics became standard equipment, and manual transmissions stopped even being an option on some models.

It reminds me of an old Mary Tylor Moore episode where she's offering to drive some guy's truck.

"it's a standard H, right?"
"no, actually, it's two H's and a J"
(or something like that)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Seal9 you hit it right on the head. I bought it for me I don't care what anyone else thinks. BTW,IMHO, silly debate anyway.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I once had a federal district court judge tell me that he had conducted an informal study around here and determined that approximately 80-85% of the drivers of a Mazda Miata were female.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Gas tank Test

If the gas tank door is on the drivers side -- the car is a guy's car
If on the passenger its a woman's car

:cheers: :cool: :cheers:

·
Registered
129 Posts
It's not the Car is the Po9wer Thing

It doesn't matter what you are driving when it comes to a sports car. When a determination is made as to weither it's a guy car or a chic car the determination is based on the engine and transmission. A guy car has a v8 or 6 in it with a manual transmission. The engine being the biggest determining factor. The RL Sky will be considered a guy car due to it's power. When it comes to the basic Sky I'd say the automatic transmission makes it a chic car and the standard transgendered (meaning one or the other). But to the folks out there driving the vipers, vettes, mustang V-8's it will always be considered a chic car. I agree with everyone who says "Don't care, I bought it for myself and they're not paying the bill". I drive a Burgman 400 scooter. One day I heard two guys behind me on their Harley's talking and commenting about my scooter. They said it's nice but only made for a girl to drive. I know a lot of guys driving them around and they have just as much fun driving their scoots than the guys on their "HIGHLY OVER-RATED HARLEYS". At 1/4 the price, with better gas mileage and righer reliability who do you think is the smarter of the two? Enjoy the Sky, in their hearts they are all wishing to own such a cool and sexy machine.
Jayne

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
Gas tank Test

So the Z4 is a woman's car??? :skep:

If the gas tank door is on the driver's side, it's a good old American car. If it's on the passenger side, it's a German car.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
Gas tank Test

My Camaro has the filler in the middle, what could this represent?:confused:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Jayne said:
I drive a Burgman 400 scooter. One day I heard two guys behind me on their Harley's talking and commenting about my scooter. They said it's nice but only made for a girl to drive. I know a lot of guys driving them around and they have just as much fun driving their scoots than the guys on their "HIGHLY OVER-RATED HARLEYS". At 1/4 the price, with better gas mileage and righer reliability who do you think is the smarter of the two? Enjoy the Sky, in their hearts they are all wishing to own such a cool and sexy machine.
Jayne

Ummm...I'm a woman, and I ride one of those "HIGHLY OVER-RATED HARLEYS"...:mad: Which BTW, happens to be very reliable. I would never bash you for riding a scooter :nono: ...because like the SKY, it's a personal preference. That's why there are plenty of choices out there to choose from...whether it be on 2 wheels or 4. :cool:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
KappaMan said:
So the Z4 is a woman's car??? :skep:

If the gas tank door is on the driver's side, it's a good old American car. If it's on the passenger side, it's a German car.
i guess the Sunfire, Cavalier and Saturn Ion are german cars

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
seal9 said:
I realy don't care what anyone thinks about my car, I didn't buy it for them I got it for me...anyway all my cars have my SEAL badge on them..they don't even get dinged in parking lots...Seal9:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sounds like a good Idea can you send us all one for our skys?:thumbs:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Linda

Didn't mean to come down on Harleys. It's just that a good portion of those who ride them have an attitude about how great they and their bikes are. Nothing else is as good as what they ride. In my opinion they are highly over-rated and way too loud. They use the excuse that it make people notice them. Well it does and what those who notice are thinking isn't good. To me they are simply socially unacceptable vehicles that cause more disruption than anything. Perhaps I'm just getting old and want my peace and quiet. My neighbor has one and leaves for work at 4:30 AM. Needless to say it's like an unwelcomed alarm clock going off every morning. So don't take anything the wrong way Linda. We all have opinions and at times we don't agree. At one point in time Harley made a scooter then someone in the company went insane :confused: :)
Jayne

1 - 20 of 28 Posts