Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
17,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
JdiGiant's thread included a BBQ...that is something we never considered...How about finding a place in Del or Pa.....Mr. Ed's in Jersey has horrible spare ribs so forget that one...even if it is all u can eat.

Anyone have suggestions on this? Of course, it has to be after New Years

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
JdiGiant's thread included a BBQ...that is something we never considered...How about finding a place in Del or Pa.....Mr. Ed's in Jersey has horrible spare ribs so forget that one...even if it is all u can eat.

So far we have done Italian, Chinese, Burgers, and BBQ. Not sure where we are going next. Some places, if you tell them that you are a car club and want to hang out for a bit, will even rope off part of their parking lot just waiting for you to arrive. Then you can have a mini car show, and they treat you like royalty. And you get to talk about your SKYs to the spontaneous crows that show up. You might want to try that, too.

:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
So far we have done Italian, Chinese, Burgers, and BBQ. Not sure where we are going next. Some places, if you tell them that you are a car club and want to hang out for a bit, will even rope off part of their parking lot just waiting for you to arrive. Then you can have a mini car show, and they treat you like royalty. And you get to talk about your SKYs to the spontaneous crows that show up. You might want to try that, too.
:thumbs:
We did an event this weekend. The restaurant gave us a 50% discount AND free desert for everyone, roped off half their parking lot, called in extra staff. We were treated light royalty. I think they got excited when two of us dropped by earlier in the week and showed them the cars that were going to be at their restaurant.

·
Registered
994 Posts

How about Delaware someplace? That would put it about halfway for most of us, I think. At least a lot closer for me:D . and I think my weekend calendar is wide open for the rest of the month. Maybe Tyler would have some ideas.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hmmm...

Well, I know of one of those "BBQ Shacks" that I really like here in Newark, but I'm not sure we could get more than 5-6 cars in there lot.

I'll ask around and see what I can come up with. Probably a decent place in Philly as well. I'll see what I can find.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Here's a place that I've heard good things about.

http://www.paparays.com/index.html

It's a BBQ Ribs/Chicken and it's a Sports Bar!

Look it over and if the menu/atmosphere looks good, I'll call and see or swing over and see what they have for parking and if they'd offer any deals if we come as a club.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Here's a place that I've heard good things about.

http://www.paparays.com/index.html

It's a BBQ Ribs/Chicken and it's a Sports Bar!

Look it over and if the menu/atmosphere looks good, I'll call and see or swing over and see what they have for parking and if they'd offer any deals if we come as a club.

Hell Man, I meant Newark, Delaware. :lol: Newark, NJ is a tad far for me to do lunch. :nono:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hell Man, I meant Newark, Delaware. :lol: Newark, NJ is a tad far for me to do lunch. :nono:
Err.. that is Newark, DE.....

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yea, They should probably be in the Northeast Section. I'm not sure why the last couple discussions were here in the general section. Maybe a mod could move them?

Back to the point...
Another possibily would be Damon's Grill. There's one in Wilmington, DE

http://www.damons.com/menu.cfm

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Yea, They should probably be in the Northeast Section. I'm not sure why the last couple discussions were here in the general section. Maybe a mod could move them?
Good point. These threads may be easier to keep track of in the N/E section. I left a temporary redirect so folks won't loose the thread.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Thanks Cerberus!:jester:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Err.. that is Newark, DE.....
I got confused because the link at the bottom of your post put the red star in Northern Jersey. Checking the restaurant link a bit more closely, I see that it is located in good ol' Delaware. Looks like a good place. I'll vote for it:thumbs: We just need to pick a date.

And thanks Cerberus for the bounce. Don't want other forum members to call themselves names:D

·
Registered
233 Posts
That is SOOO strange. I just tried this again and it went right to Delaware. I'm not kidding. The first couple of times I clicked on it, it went to New Jersey.:confused:
LOL. :jester:

I edited the link :thumbs:

·
Registered
17,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I always favor Sunday...only because the wife likes to go out Saturday Night and I don't want to be in a rush to get home...but if u guys want Saturday, OK by me...I will make it. And this way, I can see if I want to exchange titles with Andrew (CtYankee) :lol:

·
Registered
994 Posts
:lol:
LOL. :jester:

I edited the link :thumbs:
OH! You rat-%$#@^&*. Really pulled one over on me. :lol: I kept clicking and clicking and thinking :wtf: . All because I wasn't being observant. That was well done. Nice.:bow:

·
Registered
535 Posts
Count me in!

I always favor Sunday...only because the wife likes to go out Saturday Night and I don't want to be in a rush to get home...but if u guys want Saturday, OK by me...I will make it. And this way, I can see if I want to exchange titles with Andrew (CtYankee) :lol:
I'll be there (wherever "there" is) as long as it's not past Newark (pronounced with a slight hesitation between "New" and "ark" vs. Newark NJ, where you slur it out in one quick burst :lol: They're calling for 50+ deg again this weekend :thumbs: I'm driving somewhere.... :driving:

·
Registered
17,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
tell your wife, I love her candy...cannot stop eating them...the caramel with the chocolate. My dentist loves them also.

1 - 20 of 184 Posts