Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to let you know about an upcoming event. Chief Jay was am ergetic member of solsticeforum, and a retired master chief that passed away suddenly in July at age 54. He only had his Solstice for a few months but enjoyed every minute of it. In his memory, a run is scheduled for 9/30/06. He had been starting to plan this run when he died. The info is here. http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=307449&postcount=1And of course you never need to ask, every Solstice event is open to Skys as well.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Salute to a fellow shipmate

I am saddend by the loss of one so young and having served this country for so long. I am a retired Chief Warrant Officer and a Chief and Senior Chief before taking my commission.
"Once a Chief, Always a Chief"! My heart goes out to his family and my thoughts are and prayers are for their peace tonight and always. It is a rare thing to love the sea service and one's country so well that you spend a lifetime and many years away from family and friends.
God, keep a watch on this sailor and man's soul for he navigates with and stands the watch for you now.
Amen

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
*bump* another call for any Skys wishing to join the Chief Jay run on 9/30. See link in first post to go to details.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I knew Chief Jay pretty well, and I will be there of course.

I would love to see a few more sky's with me as I'm usually the only one on some of these rides. The group going to this is a great group of people and it will surely be a fantastic ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts