Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw that there was a chrome wheel option to upgrade from the standard alloy wheels. I have only seen pictures of the Sky with one type of wheel. Is this the standard or the chrome upgrades? Does anyone have pictures of both?

·
Registered
155 Posts

Ok here's the deal. These may appear to be chrome to you, but if you have this poster (as I do) and you look very closely, you will notice these are NOT the chrome wheel but the polished aluminum. They are very shiny like chrome but they are not purely reflective. I don't want anyone arguing with me here, I know for a fact these are not chrome. The Sky at the LA auto show this year had the polished aluminum and they look very much like chrome from far away.
Just depends on how clean you keep them.

I don't believe in chrome wheels on ANY car. The wheels do not make the car, they just make the car go. I feel chrome really draws too much attention to the wheels and takes away from the rest of the car. Remember, the Sky has tons of chrome on it already, do we need any more 'bling'? OH GOD now im picturing some spinners on the Sky!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Remember, the Sky has tons of chrome on it already, do we need any more 'bling'? :agree:

·
Registered
155 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
skyguy85 said:
http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2006&regionID=1&divisionID=10&type=0&vehicleID=3728&section=wheels&page=&butID=4

WAIT! if the two options are painted and chrome, well what about polished aluminum? I know the Sky at the auto show in LA did not have chrome wheels, but they didn't look painted. They looked pure aluminum. Anyone know how much the chrome option will be anyway?
PD5 - 18" Chrome-Plated Alloy Wheels - $795
N87 - Painted Alloy - Standard

So what kind of wheels are on the pics from SkyBaby's Chicago Show?
Looks like those are the only two options, go guessing chrome?

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=567&d=1139713889

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
ggccg said:
Canadian dollars.
The Sky in Canada comes with more options as standard equipment, than in the States. If my memory is correct the only options afforded us in canada are Advanced audio system AKA(Monsoon),Chrome wheels, Three radio options,and Xm radio. And yes Canadian dollars.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
skyguy85 said:

Ok here's the deal. These may appear to be chrome to you, but if you have this poster (as I do) and you look very closely, you will notice these are NOT the chrome wheel but the polished aluminum. They are very shiny like chrome but they are not purely reflective. I don't want anyone arguing with me here, I know for a fact these are not chrome. The Sky at the LA auto show this year had the polished aluminum and they look very much like chrome from far away.
Just depends on how clean you keep them.

I don't believe in chrome wheels on ANY car. The wheels do not make the car, they just make the car go. I feel chrome really draws too much attention to the wheels and takes away from the rest of the car. Remember, the Sky has tons of chrome on it already, do we need any more 'bling'? OH GOD now im picturing some spinners on the Sky!
That poster was just a rendering of the car not a real picture, you cannot tell from that what is chrome and what is not...
i guess you do not believe the option list that polished is not available.. Just because you think the car at a car show had polished instead of chrome or painted does not mean the actual car will have them... believe the option list and not what you see in a show car.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Even the picture on the ordering site looks like polished not painted. SO i'm asking the question, were those polished wheels really just painted?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts