Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyones chrome rims are getten a lil dirty and cleaners and or anything isnt cleaning it off try CLAY BAR them i just got a new set had 300 miles on them but have been sitting so got dirty and not cleaned here are Before and After Clay bar and ICE wax. brings them back to show room!:jester:

Before

After

Before

After

·
Registered
108 Posts
More Chrome And Shiney Chrome

Hey Sunny Sky,looks Great, Ran Out And Tried It Myself, Very Nice! I Will Try To Post A Picture Very Soon Of My Rims After I Stripped The Gray Paint Off The Back. There Is Chrome Under The Gray. The Gray Is Not Even Good Paint, Washes Off With Carb Cleaner And A Gas Rag. They Are Easier To Keep Looking Good, All You Have To Do Is Wipe With A Rag And Detail Spray. Then Painted The Break Disk And Calliper With The Chrome (silver) Spray, I Even Sprayed Down In To The Air Vents, That Stopped Rusty Water From Coming Out. Now That Looks Awsome! There Is A Small Area On Each Rim About The Size Of A Quarter That The Copper Plating Shows Through. To Me No Big Deal. This Was Well Worth The 30 Minutes Per Wheel. I Have Approx 1000 Miles Sense Doing This And They Still Look Great With Only Regular Cleaning. Also Made A Great Windrestrictor For $9,00, Now Thats Cool!!!!! Working On A Sky Name!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hey Sunny Sky,looks Great, Ran Out And Tried It Myself, Very Nice! I Will Try To Post A Picture Very Soon Of My Rims After I Stripped The Gray Paint Off The Back. There Is Chrome Under The Gray. The Gray Is Not Even Good Paint, Washes Off With Carb Cleaner And A Gas Rag. They Are Easier To Keep Looking Good, All You Have To Do Is Wipe With A Rag And Detail Spray. Then Painted The Break Disk And Calliper With The Chrome (silver) Spray, I Even Sprayed Down In To The Air Vents, That Stopped Rusty Water From Coming Out. Now That Looks Awsome! There Is A Small Area On Each Rim About The Size Of A Quarter That The Copper Plating Shows Through. To Me No Big Deal. This Was Well Worth The 30 Minutes Per Wheel. I Have Approx 1000 Miles Sense Doing This And They Still Look Great With Only Regular Cleaning. Also Made A Great Windrestrictor For $9,00, Now Thats Cool!!!!! Working On A Sky Name!!
You painted the brake discs? Why?:confused:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Brake Disk

Not The Whole Disk. Just The Area That Was Painted By The Disk Manufacture To Stop Rust. Its A Poor Quality Paint And Not Even Applied Too Good. And The Reason,, Just To Make Them Look Better, And They Really Do!!

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BTW i am YellowSky

·
Registered
108 Posts
BTW i am YellowSky
WOOPS!! THATS JUST A BRAIN F--T. VERY EASY TO SEE IT IS YELLOW IN THE PICTURE. NOW,, AFRAID TO ASK... WHAT IS "B T W "

·
Registered
194 Posts
WOOPS!! THATS JUST A BRAIN F--T. VERY EASY TO SEE IT IS YELLOW IN THE PICTURE. NOW,, AFRAID TO ASK... WHAT IS "B T W "
BTW = "By the way" :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Sunny Sky that is insane how great that worked. Great job and thanks for the great tip. :thumbs:

·
Registered
900 Posts
YellowSky,,,,,,,,,YellowSky,,,,,,,,,,,Can we say YellowSky????? Come on everybody altogether now YellowSky.lol: :lol: Yellow Sky nice job on the Rims. They look great.:thumbs:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Damn Nice Job! and DAMN YOU DONT HAVE LOCKING LUGS!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
A coat of wax after cleaning will help in the future.
Tout

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1 - 14 of 14 Posts