Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called the dealer Friday - 3.24.2006 - about the chrome wheel restraint and if it will effect my ordered Sky. He said it "shouldn't be a problem, they already accepted your order" (on or about 3.17.2006). Today - 3.27.2006 - dealer calls and says the production date for my car is pushed back due to chrome wheels.

He offered and I agreed to change order to "stock painted" or the substitute "polished aluminum" wheels. Dealer calls back in 5 minutes and says, "I can't change the order, the computer won't let me." So, they don't have enough chrome, but then they won't let me change to something that they do have.:mad: Am I stuck in some time warp or something?:banghead:

Went to dealer. He said that he has a call into the factory rep about my situation to try and speed things up, or at least find out what is going on. I'm waiting to hear back from dealer about factory rep's response.

• Why would Saturn/GM accept my order if they didn't have the all the parts to build it?
  • Why would they offer a substitute, but then not let the dealer change to the substitute or change to something that the do have (painted stock wheels)?
  • Order number is GFW568 - Is there anyone out there that could help me understand this a little better?
Can anyone offer a solution beside a bottle of Chivas Regal?

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I beleive it is because with the GM VOMS, after it accepts the order in the system, no changes can be made after 72 hours. Saturn uis in the process of converting all orders into this sytem, phasing out the old Saturn system, allowing changes to be made up to build date. Was told by GM this same problem is common on the Relay, as both are in the GM system from day one.
IONS, VUES are under the old system, they to will change over probably at the beginning of next years models. Also under GM, you will not know anymore information until 033-038 event codes, then it will show up again.

BTW my order ID is GEC528 My event code is 500 TRANSIT TIME EVT50 APPLIED 03/17/06 INVOICED 03/17/06, have my invoice in hand.

·
Registered
314 Posts
dmbdlatc said:
I called the dealer Friday - 3.24.2006 - about the chrome wheel restraint and if it will effect my ordered Sky.
[*]Order number is GFW568 - Is there anyone out there that could help me understand this a little better?
We are right behind you with Order #GFW596. We have 3 items on our order which could cause delays - the chrome, the red leather and the automatic. We'll stay the course as we are willing to be patient to get what we want. Hope you are able to work something out to get yours faster. Best of luck.

·
Registered
102 Posts
dmbdlatc said:
Can anyone offer a solution beside a bottle of Chivas Regal?
Bring extra straws for the Chivas.
You're not alone here and there may not be anything to do but wait for the contraint to clear.

Constrants can change week to week, so hopefully it won't be long.
Please keep us posted as you hear more on this.

Thanks.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Congrats Skywatcher on becoming a senior member. Skip......:thumbs:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts