Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a look at the chrome vs painted wheels the other day.
I would say go for the chrome as the painted wheels look like lipstick on a pig!
(might as well put on hubcaps or fake wire-wheels)

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've owned all the types of rims through the years. It's now chrome for me, for every future car.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Depends on the taste. For the very select few who live in climates that see snow, thus leading to salt on the roads and drive that vehicle in those conditions, i would recommend a to puchase another (winter) set of wheels that are not chrome. Polished or some kind of other finish. The salt will destroy the chrome over time. Other options are that certain automotive places carry a finish to apply over the chrome wheels in the winter to minimize salt damage. It is like a vasoline of sorts which the salt sticks to. You then just have to go the pressure washer every now and then to spray them off and touch up the coating.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
The chrome wheels are to bling bling for me, and just a waist of money in my opinion. Especially since I'd rather spend that money on light weight 17" rims and summer only tires.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
rwood411 said:
Every pic Ive seen is of the chrome, anyone ahve a pic of the polished?
Actually I don't think polished are an option for the Sky. The orderbook seems to only show painted and chromed.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
KappaMan said:
I can. :lol: Polished for me. Chrome too bright.
According to the Sky order guide from the other thread the only two selections you have is chrome or painted.... code N87 for painted and PD5 for chrome

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
brentil said:
Actually I don't think polished are an option for the Sky. The orderbook seems to only show painted and chromed.
:lol: ya beat me to it...

·
Registered
727 Posts
Chrome all the way! On a sport sedan, I would prefer the painted, but I love sports cars with chrome wheels! Plus, they will match the Sky's other chrome accents, such as on the grille! :cool:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I might look at some aftermarket wheels. At least that way I have more choice :cool:

·
Registered
623 Posts
There is a 3rd wheel option, it's an "aftermarket part" sold by GM Performance Parts and GM Accessories.

Basically it's the rims off the Aura Concept. I am getting those in addition to the normal wheels. So I can run Summer and Winter Tires. (Obviously the flashy Chrome is for the summer)

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
DuSpinnst said:
There is a 3rd wheel option, it's an "aftermarket part" sold by GM Performance Parts and GM Accessories.

Basically it's the rims off the Aura Concept. I am getting those in addition to the normal wheels. So I can run Summer and Winter Tires. (Obviously the flashy Chrome is for the summer)
Do we know those rims are 18" with a 110x5 bolt pattern and 55mm offset though?

·
Registered
623 Posts
brentil said:
Do we know those rims are 18" with a 110x5 bolt pattern and 55mm offset though?
They are listed in the accessory section (under pictures), of the Solstice site on Pontiac.com.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
DuSpinnst said:
They are listed in the accessory section (under pictures), of the Solstice site on Pontiac.com.
Duh, I missed the first part of your comment and just saw the Aura comment. My bad.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts