Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had some good news and bad news today. Dealer called and said he got two more images in and since I"m 4th on the list one was mine. BUT he said these two images had restrictions....chrome wheels were unavaliable. He asked me if I wanted chrome (which I do) if I did, I would have to wait until additional images came in without restrictions. :mad:
I'm thinking now, maybe I should of kept my image and just ordered the car with the alloy wheels and maybe to change it later.
Has anyone else had this option come up as unavailable?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
futureskyowner said:
Had some good news and bad news today. Dealer called and said he got two more images in and since I"m 4th on the list one was mine. BUT he said these two images had restrictions....chrome wheels were unavaliable. He asked me if I wanted chrome (which I do) if I did, I would have to wait until additional images came in without restrictions. :mad:
I'm thinking now, maybe I should of kept my image and just ordered the car with the alloy wheels and maybe to change it later.
Has anyone else had this option come up as unavailable?
they are all Alloy wheels, and the same design, you just choose between painted or Chrome... Tell him to wait a couple days and try again, the restriction may be off when they get a new shipment of wheels in... The restrictions are not on the Image it's self, just on the order when placed. If there is a restriction it will not go in...

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I agree, wait. Its not like your gonna lose your place. I believe they hold that image for a few days at least and good luck. Man, first the red & black leather restrictions, now the wheels.... WHATS THE WORLD COMING TO??? :mad:

·
Registered
256 Posts
I ordered on 3/14 and chrome wheels were fine. These chrome wheels are just plated and not cast like the other ones.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
MrJester said:
I ordered on 3/14 and chrome wheels were fine. These chrome wheels are just plated and not cast like the other ones.
Sir they are all cast Alloy wheels, but those are chrome plated and the others are painted, that is the only difference....

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
Sir they are all cast Alloy wheels, but those are chrome plated and the others are painted, that is the only difference....
There is an option for $2000 for CAST wheels and the option (Price may be a bit off) for Chrome Wheels for $700.00 Which ones??
It looks to me all three, painted, Chrome and cast Chrome are all cast.:confused:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
There is an option for $2000 for CAST wheels and the option (Price may be a bit off) for Chrome Wheels for $700.00 Which ones??
It looks to me all three, painted, Chrome and cast Chrome are all cast.:confused:
I haven't seen anything about 2000 dollar cast wheels.....where did you get that? Only ones that were listed on the options I have seen were the standard Painted and the Chrome..... Have they added something new? or is that the dealer installed option?, believe me they are all cast wheels ...

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
I haven't seen anything about 2000 dollar cast wheels.....where did you get that?
check saturn.com... its been an option for awhile now

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
usmc said:
check saturn.com... its been an option for awhile now
I see that now, hmm I guess I had not looked since mine had been ordered...
but they are all cast and both chrome wheels are chrome plated, you cannot cast in chrome...

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
I haven't seen anything about 2000 dollar cast wheels.....where did you get that? Only ones that were listed on the options I have seen were the standard Painted and the Chrome..... Have they added something new? or is that the dealer installed option?, believe me they are all cast wheels ...
At the Saturn web site -- build your own.. Yeah it caught me by surprise as well....

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
I see that now, hmm I guess I had not looked since mine had been ordered...
but they are all cast and both chrome wheels are chrome plated, you cannot cast in chrome...
I thought cast "cast" chrome wheel made no sense -- a chrome plated cast whell is cool -- Anyway -- I think it is the less expensive version they are talking about -- I think they had issues with the Sol on these wheels as well...

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
I thought cast "cast" chrome wheel made no sense -- a chrome plated cast whell is cool -- Anyway -- I think it is the less expensive version they are talking about -- I think they had issues with the Sol on these wheels as well...
The Sol has different design anyway... just like the issue with the red black interior, they didn't anticipate the number of the chrome wheels that would be ordered... but I think the chrome wheels, not necessarily the 2000 dollars ones just set the car off... I saw a red sky with the painted wheels and for some reason it just looked dull.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
OK, since everyone seems confused this is how it is.

You've got 2 orderable wheel choices and one official GM aftermarket. All 3 are cast aluminium. The 2 orderable versions are the ones you can get ordered from the factory, the aftermarket gets installed by your dealer.

Official Base : painted aluminum wheels
Official Chrome : chrome plated aluminum wheels ($795 upgrade cost)
GM Aftermarket : chrome plated aluminum wheels ($2,023 because you're buying an entire set of 4 EXTRA wheels with no tires)

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
brentil said:

You've got 2 orderable wheel choices and one official GM aftermarket. All 3 are cast aluminium. The 2 orderable versions are the ones you can get ordered from the factory, the aftermarket gets installed by your dealer.

GM Aftermarket : chrome plated aluminum wheels ($2,023 because you're buying an entire set of 4 EXTRA wheels with no tires)
Good explanation. :thumbs: I was starting to get confused.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Gfw848

I ordered on the 3/15/06 and had the wheel upgrade, but Ihave seen two or three companys that have nice wheels to fit the Sol and SKY all ready, so I would have placed the order and then gone wheel shopping....Seal9:willy: :willy:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
seal9 said:
I ordered on the 3/15/06 and had the wheel upgrade, but Ihave seen two or three companys that have nice wheels to fit the Sol and SKY all ready, so I would have placed the order and then gone wheel shopping....Seal9:willy: :willy:
You can always sell your wheels. Plenty of Sol owners are doing that.

·
Registered
165 Posts
When I ordered mine, the chrome were available so I assume that is what is on my newly built and released for shipping car.

·
Registered
246 Posts
brentil said:

Just got a call from my salesman and he too said chrome was not available,but that a new wheel, polished aluminum is now an option for $250. I think I will wait. The GM at the dealership will not let any of the salesman in on the images as they come in and HE is chosing who gets them. Kind of a mystery man. BS if you ask me. I still can't get out of him what his allocation is. He's gotta keep it a secret for some reason. I;, hoping all of us on the list don't get screwed by him in the future. I should be in on the next few images and yet he remains quiet on the issue.

They got their first Sky in today.

·
Registered
326 Posts
futureskyowner I say place your order. The chrome wheels will most likely be on Ebay in a couple of months when people start ordering their after market rims.

·
Registered
276 Posts
This is the same BS that GM has been giving with C6 Corvette orders. Chrome has been listed as an option since day one, but only recently were they released, and only in very limited numbers. Chrome on the Vette is a $2000 option. For 1/2 that you can get aftermarket Z06 style chrome wheels that are way nicer than the stock ones. I would take the painted wheels, sell them and get cool aftermarket ones while probably saving money in the transaction !

Richard

1 - 20 of 45 Posts