Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where the hell is this? I looked in the user manual and couldn't find it? Mine is not working anymore?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Where the hell is this? I looked in the user manual and couldn't find it? Mine is not working anymore?
The online version of the 2009 Saturn Sky Owner's Manual shows that the Underhood Fuse Box location #30 is the "Outlet" fuse.

(Courtesy of Small Dealer on the SolsticeForum.)

As does page 5-94 0f the 2008 owner's manual.

(Courtesy of a Google search for the pdf of the manual. )

http://www.saturn.com/assets/en/pdf/...42_2k08sky.pdf

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Outlet is an unknown term for "lighter accessory" or something other that makes more sense?

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
It is not a lighter. The car was not meant to have a lighter.

If you want a lighter set up, you have to get the OPel GT smokers package. Most parts are still available in Europe. It goes in the armrest area.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Supposedly, when I was researching this, the power port is different than a regular cigarette lighter. Not designed to with stand the heat. I am not sure I believe that. I just wanted the option that Opel provided. Never had a cigarette in my life, and don't plan on starting now.

·
Super Moderator
5,085 Posts
Did fuse #30 solve the problem. My "outlet just went out while pumping up a tire and my fuse #30 is fine.
Fuse 30 is the only one in the circuit. In addition to being blown, it could just be loose and there is a known issue with fuses and relays loosening, so you try removing it and reinserting it, if you haven't already. I assume that you have tried something else in the outlet to confirm that the problem it isn't with the pump.
Supposedly, when I was researching this, the power port is different than a regular cigarette lighter. Not designed to with stand the heat. I am not sure I believe that. I just wanted the option that Opel provided. Never had a cigarette in my life, and don't plan on starting now.
This is correct, and is the reason that it is called an "Accessory Power Outlet", shortened to "Outlet" in the wiring diagrams. Putting lighter anywhere in the name could suggest to someone that they could use it as a lighter socket, and that would certainly damage it, possibly to the point of causing a fire.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Had the dash been apart at any time? I know on the Solstice some people would take the boomerang apart and forget to plug in the outlet. Might just be disconnected.

·
Registered
17,336 Posts
That outlet is a constant. It is always on even with the key out. Bob, I cannot recall where I hooked up my Opel lighter jn my door...but it works fine. One wire has to light up the LED light in the lighter when u turn on the parking lights and the lighter itself...cannot remember if I ran it from the accessory outlet or not. But never had an issue with fuses.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
When I was researching the Opel Smokers package, somewhere it said it was different than the power outlet. Something about heat. The Opel ones were supposedly different. I never planned to use it so it was not a big deal. I don't remember how I hooked mine up, but will only work with the car turned on. The lighter definitely works, burnt the heck out of my finger messing with it.

·
Super Moderator
5,085 Posts
When I was researching the Opel Smokers package, somewhere it said it was different than the power outlet. Something about heat. The Opel ones were supposedly different. I never planned to use it so it was not a big deal. I don't remember how I hooked mine up, but will only work with the car turned on. The lighter definitely works, burnt the heck out of my finger messing with it.
They are absolutely different, and a lighter cannot be used in the power outlet without causing damage to the outlet and possibly even a fire. I have seen (not it a Sky) a power outlet partially melt when too much power was pulled through it for too long.

·
Super Moderator
11,085 Posts
They are absolutely different, and a lighter cannot be used in the power outlet without causing damage to the outlet and possibly even a fire. I have seen (not it a Sky) a power outlet partially melt when too much power was pulled through it for too long.
The one in my car is damaged from overheating so I can attest to this too. (This was from inflating tires with the included air compressor...)

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
I am working on the UGLY ROK tomorrow and Sunday, are you coming out to work on your car both days?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I will check this weekend. Did you fix the problem yet?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts