Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one have any get methods for cleaning the honeycombs on the front? Mine are full of dirt/dust. When the water dries some or clean and some are still full of dirt. Anyone one found a good method to get them all clean?:confused:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Any one have any get methods for cleaning the honeycombs on the front? Mine are full of dirt/dust. When the water dries some or clean and some are still full of dirt. Anyone one found a good method to get them all clean?:confused:
After a good washing I use canned or compressed air to blow them out until they are dry. :thumbs:

·
Registered
994 Posts
I was thinking yesterday that we could also use a basic hair dryer to blow them dry.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
I was thinking yesterday that we could also use a basic hair dryer to blow them dry.
I am sure this would probably work but like TexSon I wanted to water & potential dirt remaining blasted out of the honeycomb. I didn't want it to dry in place.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I use my leaf blower to knock all the water out. It works great and keeps the honeycombs clean. Blower works on clearing the water out of the hood vents and the side vents as well - eliminates the annoying stray drops. I follow the blower with microfibre towel and voila - pretty car!

:D

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
I use my leaf blower to knock all the water out. It works great and keeps the honeycombs clean. Blower works on clearing the water out of the hood vents and the side vents as well - eliminates the annoying stray drops. I follow the blower with microfibre towel and voila - pretty car!

Another great idea, I have a leaf blower sitting in the shed. I will have to get it out next time I wash Missy. :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Leaf blower or shop vac. For me the leaf blower does a better job.... Also on the hood vents too. Don't forget that nasty spot just under the Saturn logo on the front as well.
I swear a quart of water comes out!

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Don't forget that nasty spot just under the Saturn logo on the front as well.
I swear a quart of water comes out!
NO KIDDING! :lol: :lol: :lol: It always waits until you are driving down the road to drain out across the hood.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Air compressor... it works very very well...I use the MR Clean system that leaves no residue or mineral deposits....then an air compressor on the grill and the vents on the hood...no signs of water or spots after that...

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, I have used my air compressor to blow the water out, but the trick is getting inside the honeycombs. I have wondered if that Mr. Clean stuff works or not, good to know!:D

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yep..I always use a leaf blower on my sky before drying with microfiber.
Start with the ragtop and work down. Areas already mentioned plus blows the water out of the wheel nut holes, rim around the disk brakes, the crack between the black rear facia and rear body panel, and around the buttresses.

Plus--Every time I wash my SKY I lift the hood, the trunk, and the door wells & wipe EVERYTHING I can. He sure does stay clean (yes...my SKY is a HE!)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Plus--Every time I wash my SKY I lift the hood, the trunk, and the door wells & wipe EVERYTHING I can. He sure does stay clean (yes...my SKY is a HE!)
I thought it was mandatory that you open everything :eek:! I wipe down the engine bay, inside the hood and trunk lids and doors. I also get a nice little puddle of water in the hollow area where the trunk cable/tube runs (the one right above the license plate), gotta get that too! I also open the gas door and wipe that down too. All this after the leaf blower/towel down.

My sister thinks I'm nuts and my best half just leaves me alone but, she does roll her eyes every once in a while when my 'quick wash' takes two hours. :D

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My quick wash takes about 30 or 40 minutes. After washing a 3/4 ton truck you learn how to wash quickly. I also use the Eagle One Nanowax (spray) and it gives a great shine very quickly. :cool:

·
Registered
804 Posts
Just what I want people to see me doing...washing the car and then using a hair dryer to dry it. I already get people telling me I put too much into the car! I can hear their shreiks of joy while they tell the office..."ya, and then he got out his hair dryer to dry the car...no really, he did!":lol:

·
Registered
900 Posts
I take the leaf blower to it first (such a great idea:thumbs: ).Then spray it with armarol. Wipe off over spray on your baby's paint. And It's looks brand new when finished.:cool: One of the last things I do. Have a nice day.:)

·
Registered
197 Posts
I am sure this would probably work but like TexSon I wanted to water & potential dirt remaining blasted out of the honeycomb. I didn't want it to dry in place.
Use a spray waterhose nozzle to get dirt loose and out, then use leaf blower to dry. Works well. If you live in a neighborhood where the gas leafblower noise is going to upset someone, get the electric version. They still send out 300+ CFM at 200mph.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts