Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a graphite silver sky, and I love everything about it minus the orange front side markers on the front fenders. Does anyone know an aftermarket place that sells clear corners that I can replace them with? I have them on my RX-8 and love them. Here is an example of what I am talking about from a place that sells them for the RX-8: http://www.mazdatrix.com/8pics/8exterior/clearlens1b.jpg

·
Registered
422 Posts
Opel GT

Hey duke15,

take the front fender from an Opel GT and you have no side marker at all

GT_rot_vorn_links.jpg GT_schwarz_links.jpg :thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
I know KappaSphere said they would talk with APC about getting them made. Not sure the status now though... Stig or anyone???

·
Registered
574 Posts
I talked to Neal a while back.....

They are still looking...................:cool:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your responses all - anyone else know if kappa or someone else is going forward with this idea?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Is there any more news to clear corners coming out anytime soon? This thread was started almost a year ago.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Has anyone else painted theirs? What kind of paint did you use? Any peeling at all?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Hey duke15,

take the front fender from an Opel GT and you have no side marker at all

View attachment 5006 View attachment 5007 :thumbs:
Very nice:thumbs: Since you live in Europe, can you get the part numbers for the front chrome logo piece and the rear logo too. The other ones in the water fall and steering wheel would also be a bonus. Thanks Mike

·
Registered
991 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
side marker lites

I need a right hand side (passenger side) front amber marker light. Someone hit my with (I am guessing) a shopping cart and knocked the lens completely off.:banghead:

Have a new one on order at the dealership - am bracing myself for the price of that thing!:brentil:

Any one have a spare let me know!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Just bought 2. $13.50 a piece. I tried dying mine red with ritz dye that states it will dye plastic, it did not do anything. so I put taillight lens repair tape by 3M I found at Autozone. It is a perfect match for Chili pepper red, problem was it didnt stick well I am still working on them.
Ritz dye! I know lots of guys who dye their lacrosse sticks. I even did my iBook!

Took all the guts outta the iBook and dumped the plastic pieces (not the keyboard) into a huge pot of boiling water with several packs of dark green Ritz dye. It worked! Ditto for the basket on a lacrosse stick. But it works best if the dye is bubbling and churning. Recommend that your significant other is not home during the this process.

$13.50 is ok. I still have the wiring harness and bulb - am just missing the lens. You were able to get it at your dealership?

·
Registered
7 Posts
red lens paint

get it off ebay 9.99/can (they are small cans - buy two). It is a transparent paint that works perfect. I have painted the front side, the third break light, the lower rear reverse and am waiting on more paint for the rear side lights. It looks great especially if you have red break calipers like on mine. Looks like a factory job and the lights still work. Will post pice as soon as the rear lights are done.

·
Registered
63 Posts
get it off ebay 9.99/can (they are small cans - buy two). It is a transparent paint that works perfect. I have painted the front side, the third break light, the lower rear reverse and am waiting on more paint for the rear side lights. It looks great especially if you have red break calipers like on mine. Looks like a factory job and the lights still work. Will post pice as soon as the rear lights are done.

Did you ever get pics of this job?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Love the clear! Where can I get some? If I get Jade back that is... SkyBaby

1 - 20 of 22 Posts