Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see on a few sites you can purchase the clear glass windscreen. I have the factory installed one but am wondering if the clear glass is the better choice. If you use one, let me know if it truly "clears the air" :)

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Which style windscreen you prefer is like choosing what color SKY you want.

If you do a Google search you will find a few styles.
:)
The dealer and some other brands, which is a tennis net appearance. Functional and sporty.

The clear clean style plastic. It is classy and for those that do not want etching or lights.

And the classy plus, clear clean with etching of your design and with or without lights. You can choose the color lights and when they come on. Either with brakes, running lights or with a on/off switch.

Most can be rather easily be taken in and out as your mood changes. And also most can be left in when you have the top up.

Which one is better? They are all good looking and functional. So it comes back to you and choosing what style windscreen or color car excites you. RED, YELLOW, BLACK, PEARL GRAY --- CLEAR, ETCHING/lite or not and when.
You gotta love this country! :patriot: :driving:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Oh, let me add this... some States do have laws on vehicle lighting. Color and function. Enforcement varies and so be informed. The on/off switch maybe perfect so you can snap them on at shows. I think by using RED, and possibly WHITE, lights and connecting to your brakes makes it legal most everywhere.
:cool:

·
Registered
388 Posts
I have the factory windscreen also. This was not by choice- they decided to add it on as soon as it arrived. (A "surprise dealer added forced option") I really wanted the KappaShield because it was clear and kept the sexy lines of the Sky, so I was mad at first because they drilled holes in my car. Thought the black net windscreen would grow on me. It has. It is more sporty looking and you can keep it on with the top up. The dealer was smart enough to install it backwards (kind of slants forward), so there is no chance of it rubbing the window defrosters. Heard of some people's rubbing the defrosters off. I see cars with the clear windscreens and I still think they look better so we bought a KS windscreen and just removed the GM one. The KS windscreen actually blocks more air! I think because it is solid, and the GM has space underneath for more air to come through.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
This is exactly what I wanted to hear! The clear windscreen height is lower than the factory installed one but now that you say it blocks more air and keeps the air from getting through the bottom, I'm definitely going to get one. By the way, you say you bought the KappaShield, there is a lower priced one on http://www.jaysenoffwindscreens.com/Saturn_Sky.html for $80, do you think it is the same quality?

Thanks for the valuable information,

·
Registered
388 Posts
itrainu37 said:
This is exactly what I wanted to hear! The clear windscreen height is lower than the factory installed one but now that you say it blocks more air and keeps the air from getting through the bottom, I'm definitely going to get one. By the way, you say you bought the KappaShield, there is a lower priced one on http://www.jaysenoffwindscreens.com/Saturn_Sky.html for $80, do you think it is the same quality?

Thanks for the valuable information,
There was a previous thread from "jdigiant" about the comparison of jaysenoff vs. Kappashield. Do a search and look for it. He bought both and compared them. He highly recommened the Kappashield even though it is more expensive. I think it was because it was thinner and easier to install. The jaysenoff cracked somehow. MarlboroMike is recommending the windrestrictor because you can customize it with cool lights and etched designs.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have the factory windscreen also. This was not by choice- they decided to add it on as soon as it arrived. (A "surprise dealer added forced option") I really wanted the KappaShield because it was clear and kept the sexy lines of the Sky, so I was mad at first because they drilled holes in my car. Thought the black net windscreen would grow on me. It has. It is more sporty looking and you can keep it on with the top up. The dealer was smart enough to install it backwards (kind of slants forward), so there is no chance of it rubbing the window defrosters. Heard of some people's rubbing the defrosters off. I see cars with the clear windscreens and I still think they look better so we bought a KS windscreen and just removed the GM one. The KS windscreen actually blocks more air! I think because it is solid, and the GM has space underneath for more air to come through.
The GM windscreen mounting sockets are actually neutral in position. The little posts on the screen itself determine the angle of the windscreen. They are slightly angled and the windscreen can be inserted either way. The tilted forward direction is correct and keeps it away from the rear glass and the defroster strips.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Oh, let me add this... some States do have laws on vehicle lighting. Color and function. Enforcement varies and so be informed. The on/off switch maybe perfect so you can snap them on at shows. I think by using RED, and possibly WHITE, lights and connecting to your brakes makes it legal most everywhere.
:cool:
Not sure if this is nationwide, but at least in NJ, any lighting outside the vehicle has to be either Red, Amber, or White. I'm not sure about being required to be hooked up to either brake lights or turn signals, that I couldn't tell you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts