Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are happy to be a new supporting vendor on this forum.

We already have a shorty header for the Solstice which will bolt-up to the Sky. The results have been very positive from our customers who have installed their header.

Our next plan for the Solstice/Sky is a high flow metallic core converter, long tube TRI-Y header, cold air intake kit, rear mount turbo system and an under-hood turbo system. We have also designed a custom engine cover and will be working on our own cat back exhaust system. We have manufacturing capability and can offer the customer a choice of 2 1/2" ot 3", aluminized or 304 stainless steel, single or dual tip exhaust as well as choice of tip(s).

Stay tuned. :)

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Nice...Great to have you!

Rear mount turbo? sounds interesting...what are the benefits to having it in the rear?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
for us Californians... are your shorty headers CARB legal?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The shorty header is not yer C.A.R.B. certified but it is emissions compliant; meaning none of the stock emissions devices, cat converter, etc. are touched. The header bolts to the stock catalytic converter.

Semper Fi!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Devil Dog said:
The shorty header is not yer C.A.R.B. certified but it is emissions compliant; meaning none of the stock emissions devices, cat converter, etc. are touched. The header bolts to the stock catalytic converter.

Semper Fi!
Semper Fi!

but if its not CARB, then it won't pass the test, correct?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Siemper Fi you bet, if a Devil Dog it is, then a Devil Dog it will be!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It would certainly pass an actual emissions test at the tailpipe as well as the new test where they connect the computer. It's the visual test I can not speak for. I honestly have no idea what they would say while looking under the hood.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey skywulf,
you a jar head too?
I'm out now but you know the old saying about "Once a Marine..."! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Grandfather, father, son Marines. I didn't earn the title, just raised my son that way ! Husband is Army, but we forgave him. :lol: :lol: When son wanted to go into military, my husband told him that he should do something no one could ever take away from him, he should be a Marine, and if he could do it again, that is what he would do. But I respect and revere all members of service!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I got out in '96.. :patriot:

I can tell you that if it doesn't have a carb cert number, they can fail your car.
I went to the CARB directory and found the GM cai is carb certified so I wonder if its difficult to get?.

I've had your shorty header (possibly the long header) on my list to buy since I read about it over on the sol forum but I can't risk having a cop pull a roadside inspection and wanting to towor fine my car cause I have something that isn't CARB.

one thing that sux about living in Cali. :mad:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
You boys need to move to Georgia, where cars can just be cars and Marines can be Marines. :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Awesome! I salute you and your family! Even your husband. :) I'm just kidding. Anyone who serves our country is alright in my book. We are getting off the subject here but it's worth it. We are looking for land to purchase so we can build a new shop and the last name of the real estate agent, who came in yesterday, is Cannon. His uncle was the first Marine in WWII to be awarded the Metal of Honor for his services at Wake Island. He died while calling in artillery on the enemy after an artillery round penetrated the bunker he was in. He never stopped to consider his injuries and carried out his duties until he had lost so much blood he literally could not go on! It was one of those moments in a former Marines life when nothing at the present moment seemed important... Pretty awe inspiring to say the least. Anyways, since you have Marines all around you I thought you would appreciate hearing this as much as I did.

Now buy our header! :)
Ooh Ra!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Thanks. I know zip about engines, but son is F-18 mechanic. What will your headers do for my SKY FE (Fast enough) my first car was a 1968 Camaro, I remember it had a hole in the manifold gasket that made it sound, well, like an F-18 until my daddy took it away from me. I have just cleared all my speeding tickets! They were fun, worth the fines. :lol: :lol:
Oooh Rah mom..
Do you know the joke about where Ooooh Ra Came from?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
CdnSkyGuy said:
Nice...Great to have you!

Rear mount turbo? sounds interesting...what are the benefits to having it in the rear?
Sorry, I got way off topic.

The rear mount system is based on the pattent that STS (Squires Turbo Systems) has. The down-pipe is virtually non existent so the turbo spools much quicker than most would expect because there isn't any back pressure.

An intercooler is not required as the pressure tubing going back up to the intake manifold is cooled under the car. Though an intercooler is usually an option for higher boost.

The system is C.A.R.B. certified because none of the stock emissions control devices are messed with.
The system is easy to install, will work with a header(s) and is a complete "stealth" install because it's under the car.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
skywulf said:
Do you know the joke about where Ooooh Ra Came from?
Hmmm? Actually I don't. Let me hear it ! :thumbs:

As far as the header, you will gain more power, smoother accelleration, much quicker revving, better gas mileage and a deeper sound. Plus our header is the sexiest looking header available right now!

http://clearimageautomotive.com/Pictures/P2050002.JPG
http://www.clearimageautomotive.com/Pictures/P1010027.JPG

Take a look at the rest of the pictures here:
http://www.clearimageautomotive.com/Pontiac Solstice (2006).htm

·
Registered
802 Posts
Devil Dog said:
We are happy to be a new supporting vendor on this forum.Stay tuned. :)
Ah..Ya finally got over here..Might just take a drive to Washington one of these days and set up an appointment..I have to have a Sky first!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
THe Marines were at the foot of a hill, WWII and the fire and metal was flying, 100 or so Marines were huddled together waiting for orders, dodging fire....Fresh on the ground, brave, but nervously awaiting orders...the commanding officer said, "Marines, you see all that fire flying on that hill?" They all looked, and being smart kids with common sense, looked hard figured best to avoid suicide, but nodded, and thundered as one, "Aye Sir.. the commanding officer then barked, "Run to that firefight, bullets going everywhare, outnumbered by 1000 men,,,get up there, get me that hilll, now!!!!" All the MArines looked up at the fire flying and the CO...and in unison asked ..."Whooo Us?" Which became..OOOOO RAH, meaning, absolutely "us"

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
eldeeko said:
Ah..Ya finally got over here..Might just take a drive to Washington one of these days and set up an appointment..I have to have a Sky first!
Yup! We're here. :)

When you get your car give us a ring and come on over. We want to get one on the rack and compare everything to the Solstice.

Skywulf,
that was great. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yep...my hubby did his 20 years with the USMC...OooooRaaah

·
Registered
669 Posts
skywulf said:
Grandfather, father, son Marines. I didn't earn the title, just raised my son that way ! Husband is Army, but we forgave him. :lol: :lol: When son wanted to go into military, my husband told him that he should do something no one could ever take away from him, he should be a Marine, and if he could do it again, that is what he would do. But I respect and revere all members of service!
:agree: another:thumbs: to ALL our service members!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.