Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I did not know how to post the image, but I think the Sky would look alot better with the Lightning rear tail lights. JMHO :confused:

I tend to be take the "purist" approach with my cars, as I grow older. However, I believe that the darker color Sky's (esp. the RED) would look much better with the clear tailights. JMHO :cheers:

Would any others like to see a clear set of tailights on the red Sky? :confused: I was just curious.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Imho

Lost Sol said:

I did not know how to post the image, but I think the Sky would look alot better with the Lightning rear tail lights. JMHO :confused:

I tend to be take the "purist" approach with my cars, as I grow older. However, I believe that the darker color Sky's (esp. the RED) would look much better with the clear tailights. JMHO :cheers:

Would any others like to see a clear set of tailights on the red Sky? :confused: I was just curious.
I am okay with the tail lights, but I am wondering why the Sol didn't have this front end look. The Vauxhall front end looked more like the Pontiac standard. Almost as nice looking as the Sky.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Once the Opel version starts rolling of the line and the Sky has been out for a while I would expect the after market to probably make something like this. Since the Sky is targeted more towards the younger and tuner generations in general I defintely expect you'll see clear and alteza style lights.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I never have been a fan of them on other cars ... maybe I am getting old (34). However, it seems to allow the red paint to "pop" a little better and not blend in with the tail lights.

It is not a big issue to me ... just would like to see it on the red Sky. Anyone good at photochopping? :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Personally, I like the clear look on lighter cars, and the smoked/blacked out look on darker cars.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SkyCaptain said:
Personally, I like the clear look on lighter cars, and the smoked/blacked out look on darker cars.
That would work ... just not red lights on a red car. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
I like the clear lenses but if the SKY will have an Led setup I would stay with that. I really liked the mirrors on the Lightning as well.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I don't think it's going to be LED, those are only on really expensive cars- and on cars that have it, you can clearly see the individual bulb housings. Personally I like the Sky tail lights, the chrome swoop looks nice and I hate "altezza" style lights, they make the car look cheap.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
brentil said:
Once the Opel version starts rolling of the line and the Sky has been out for a while I would expect the after market to probably make something like this. Since the Sky is targeted more towards the younger and tuner generations in general I defintely expect you'll see clear and alteza style lights.
Well I hate the tuner cars, and I love the Sky...I am 51 years old...I think the Sky will appeal to all generations...
Besides the Tuner crowd wants a cheap car that they can pour thousands into to make faster and louder....like cheap civics and stuf like that, not a two seater roadster...no place in a Sky to put 4 12" woofers and a billion watt stereo amp.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I very much prefer the taillights to match the body color, if red. And I
do not like the chrome bezels around the lenses. I would either remove them, ala Solstice, or paint them to match the body color.

·
Registered
554 Posts
loyal_SL2 said:
I don't think it's going to be LED, those are only on really expensive cars- and on cars that have it, you can clearly see the individual bulb housings. Personally I like the Sky tail lights, the chrome swoop looks nice and I hate "altezza" style lights, they make the car look cheap.
The tailights on the Sky are two bulbs, sorry no LED's.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Delnari said:
The tailights on the Sky are two bulbs, sorry no LED's.
I believe the LED part is the third brake light, at least it is on the calendar.

BTW ... thank you reedred for the calendar! It arrived yesterday and it is awesome.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:D
reedred said:
Glad I could help. My sales lady is supposed to be sending you a brochure too.
You are the man ... that calendar is hotter than a Playboy :eek: ... or have I just been here too long? Naaaaa, it is that hot!

Have you seen the other colors in person, because a couple came out nice on the calendar. I liked the yellow and the light blue and I hope they are that vivd in person.

Thanks again, I really appreciated the thought! :cheers:

Gotta go to dinner. Take care.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Lost Sol said:
Have you seen the other colors in person, because a couple came out nice on the calendar. I liked the yellow and the light blue and I hope they are that vivd in person.
I've only seen the bright silver in person at the NY auto show, but the people who have posted about the red and midnight blue raved about those colors.

I really liked the bluestone too, and I'll probably get that w/ black leather if I can't have silver graphite with the two-toned interior.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
reedred said:
I've only seen the bright silver in person at the NY auto show, but the people who have posted about the red and midnight blue raved about those colors.

I really liked the bluestone too, and I'll probably get that w/ black leather if I can't have silver graphite with the two-toned interior.
Sounds like a winner! :cheers: However, they all look great ... no losers. :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
reedred said:

Did anyone else notice that bluestone wasn't a early registration option? I was so sad!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well I hate the tuner cars, and I love the Sky...I am 51 years old...I think the Sky will appeal to all generations...
Besides the Tuner crowd wants a cheap car that they can pour thousands into to make faster and louder....like cheap civics and stuf like that, not a two seater roadster...no place in a Sky to put 4 12" woofers and a billion watt stereo amp.
I agree:thumbs: ..Tuner crowd will turn it into a piece of crap...:nono:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts