Saturn Sky Forum banner

Close call

2K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  Grandpa 
#1 ·
I drove about 75 miles north of Denver with my wife this weekend with the our Sky which have had for 2 days to show our daughter who goes to college in Ft Collins CO. We all went to lunch and of course since there were 3 of us my wife drove my daughter's Rodeo. I drove it on the way back so the girls could take a turn in the sky alone. I told my daughter she could drive it if she wanted but she said she did not want to get in an accident....well on the way back to her apartment a dog came flying out in front of me and I braked hard and BAMMMM! I got hit from behind by a college student. Fortunately no one was hurt...the dog included, My daughter's rodeo is a little banged up but not to bad.... the honda which hit it was in real bad shape. I called my wife and daughter to let them know why I was not back yet and she just said I am sure glad it was not the sky!! The drive back home in the Sky was a little nerve racking as I was gun shy of just about everyone on the road...but top down sun out and radio blasting sure calmed the nerves down quick.

#5 ·
The Sky wasn't hit, the Rodea was!!!

#7 ·
Good to hear no one was hurt, a think maybe 2-3 hours a day of driving the Sky should be about right for relaxing and loosening up your nerves after the accident. (But for medicinal purposes only):lol:

#8 ·
Ah, I thought you were in the Sky also. Not a very close reader sometimes. I have read advice that says it's better to hit the animal than slam on brakes or swirve. Not to offend any peta people out there. Just what I've read. Am glad no one got hurt

#9 ·
I would rather not upset any animal type people out there, but I have to affirm if the other driver has a choice between hitting and possibly hurting or killing an animal or causing an accident where a human can get hurt or killed I would vote that the animal get hit every single time.

Anyone driving around also please rest assured given the slightest doubt about the outcome of any evasive maneuvers I will choose to hit the animal as opposed to involving anyone in an accident where someone might get hurt.

#13 ·
In Alaska I saw the consequences of what happens when one fails to brake for a moose. That's one animal you ought to respect.

To make a long story short... BOTH lost.

#18 ·
The wife has always found it funny when we vacation with my sister in New Hampshire that the signs on the highway say, "Brake for moose. It may save your life."

#15 ·
Glad you are not injured, as always go get yourself checked out and documented though. It sometimes takes a few days or weeks for the physical injury to manifest itself. Be aware of that and do the right thing, get a check up.

#16 ·
I prescribe a 2-3 hour drive - in the country (wildlife is NOT invited)....

Sheet metal can be fixed. Glad no one was injured.

#17 ·
#19 ·
I almost wrecked a car trying to avoid a dog that was bent on chasing my car at 70. I made a decision I'll not avoid any animal that size except for a skunk. It's better to total a car. Also don't hit a hog.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.