Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've read so much about how to operate the top. It doesn't' seem like that big of a deal but there is one thing that I would really love to see. A video of someone putting the top up/down!

Can anyone link me a video that shows putting the top up/down. I'm talking about the whole process (walking around the car and all) w/o cut scenes. I've seen one video review that showed the top operation but it was a cut scene.

Maybe if there isn't one available on the net one of you happy sky owners could make one for us?:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I don't know how long this video has been there but it's the first time I've found it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XspaQseGDc8&search=Saturn Sky

So I just answered my own question. This is like a 6min vidoe and the guy closes the top w/ one hand while talking on his mic. I do see where he slams the trunk like people were talking about but I don't see where it's a problem.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Also -- when you do it for yourself and not to explain -- you can do it in under 30 seconds!

·
Registered
746 Posts
Arioch5 said:
Well I don't know how long this video has been there but it's the first time I've found it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XspaQseGDc8&search=Saturn%20Sky

So I just answered my own question. This is like a 6min vidoe and the guy closes the top w/ one hand while talking on his mic. I do see where he slams the trunk like people were talking about but I don't see where it's a problem.
GREAT POST.
THANKS

·
Registered
1,417 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
1994SC2 said:
You may benefit from this video as well, it appears to be "more official" and likely a product of Saturn themselves: Top Goes Down and
Top Goes Back Up

(You can see more videos here: http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?p=62523)
What's interesting is...in those two videos, they show the gentleman grabbing the top by the side to put it up or down. I thought we were supposed to grab it in the middle because I had heard/read that grabbing it by the side causes the top to become misaligned and puts stress on the hinges. :confused: What is the "official" correct way?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
nscrbug said:
What's interesting is...in those two videos, they show the gentleman grabbing the top by the side to put it up or down. I thought we were supposed to grab it in the middle because I had heard/read that grabbing it by the side causes the top to become misaligned and puts stress on the hinges. :confused: What is the "official" correct way?
Yeah I noticed that too, and also, I don't slam the trunk till I have the front of the roof latched to make sure its all the way forward before shutting. Oh, and I roll down the windows when putting it up -- gotta protect that rubber lining!

·
Registered
129 Posts
that video has been around for quite some time. Maybe before the top problem arose??

·
Registered
354 Posts
While were on tops, yesterday while opening the trunk to put the top down, both of mine chrome rings under the buttressed popped off. They went back on ok but I think now their not line up correctly. I tried to pull them off again but I can't get them off -Stuck-like -glue.
it was hot yesterday and maybe the glue that hold's them on got soft causing them to pop off. I have to bring the car back on Tuesday for the tranny recall and I'll let the dealer look at it.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I can do my Solstice top in under 30 seconds usually. Takes about a month to get really good at it but it's not that bad once you've got it down.

Eddie Sky said:
TRANNY RECALL!!!??? What tranny recall?
Only on automatics and only if you get the letter.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Auto transmission's might have water damage. They have to replace a vent hose if there is no sign of water. Not a big deal. But if water is present, the transmission will be replaced. I just hope one, their is no water in my transmission. Fast Fix
Two if I have water its a brand new transmission and not just a rebuilt one that was removed from another car last week.
The letter reads " if signs of water are present, the transmission will be replaced" . I would think it should read - A brand new Factory Transmission will be installed

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
OPELGTdriver said:
But why they put the button in the glove compartment and not beside of the glove compartment :confused:

So you can lock the glove box and keep someone from opening your trunk while you're roof is down.

·
Registered
225 Posts
brentil said:
So you can lock the glove box and keep someone from opening your trunk while you're roof is down.
I am happy that it's locking in the glove compartment, having driven a jeep for years, i'm tired of getting robbed. Also having driven a jeep for years, whose top takes a good 3-5 minutes if you're good to get it down/up, i think the top on this car is a miracle/lifesaver. just my .02

·
Registered
151 Posts
nscrbug said:
I was also told to put the top up/down by grabbing it in the middle and to close the trunk in the center too. I'm not short for a chic (5' 5"), but I have a hard time reaching the middle. It is awkward for me but I agree, it should get easier as I get used to it. Practice makes perfect, so I guess I need to drive it more! :cool:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
OPELGTdriver said:
But why they put the button in the glove compartment and not beside of the glove compartment :confused:

woah Woah WOAH!!! Is that YOUR SKY? It has the red dash!!! Im guessing its a promotional car but is it yours? Way cool if so.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
OPELGTdriver said:

So you can lock your trunk...

·
Registered
453 Posts
Ditto

I don't slam the trunk till I have the front of the roof latched to make sure its all the way forward before shutting. Oh, and I roll down the windows when putting it up -- gotta protect that rubber lining![/QUOTE]

Ditto same here!! T.:D

1 - 20 of 45 Posts