Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a few pictures of the interior of our SKY. We opted for the cloth interior - it is HOT in NC so we thought it might be a little cooler with cloth - also when you sit in the seats - they just hug you, you just snuggle right in! Also, my man seems to fit better in the car with the cloth interior - he is very tall & when he sits in the seat - he sort of sinks right in. There are no SPOTS on the seats or in the car - took these pictures while the baby was all snug in the garage - got bad reflections in there.

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
HRD&FAST said:
Here's a few pictures of the interior of our SKY. We opted for the cloth interior - it is HOT in NC so we thought it might be a little cooler with cloth - also when you sit in the seats - they just hug you, you just snuggle right in! Also, my man seems to fit better in the car with the cloth interior - he is very tall & when he sits in the seat - he sort of sinks right in. There are no SPOTS on the seats or in the car - took these pictures while the baby was all snug in the garage - got bad reflections in there.
Great shots of the cloth seats. I ordered prem. red trim but always wondered what the cloth seats looked like. In the "build a Sky" section of Saturm.com the cloth seats appear to be mesh cloth with a lot of holes in the material. If that's the case, the holes don't show in real life. Don't you worry about getting caught in the rain, or having the Sky parked at a store and get a sudden rain storm? Looks like the cloth seats would really hold water if they got wet.:confused:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are a TIGHT weave - no holes. I only leave the top down if I am coming RIGHT back - have always been afraid some a$$hole might walk by & throw something in if the top is down. If it even looks like rain - the top goes up. I like to park her where I can see her too - not always possible, I know, but am really cautious especially since she's new & an attention getter.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Thanks!

Can you post a photo of the standard steering wheel too, so we can see what it looks like?

·
Registered
130 Posts
It doesn't look bad at all. I considered going with cloth as well because it does get very hot here sometimes in the summer, but I decided to go for the leather at my boyfriend's urging. LOL :) Does the steering wheel look any different with the cloth seats than with the leather (since it's all part of the 'premium trim package')?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Cloth doesn't look bad! The problem with it on the regular SKY is that you get the shaft on the Leather-wrapped Steering Wheel and the Audio Controls on the Wheel. The Redline doesn't suffer from this anomaly, so I might be looking at Cloth on a Redline. It depends on what I think will be easier to keep clean and maintain.

·
Registered
623 Posts
sparkle4596 said:
It doesn't look bad at all. I considered going with cloth as well because it does get very hot here sometimes in the summer, but I decided to go for the leather at my boyfriend's urging. LOL :) Does the steering wheel look any different with the cloth seats than with the leather (since it's all part of the 'premium trim package')?
The Steering Wheel is the same one from the new 4-Banger VUE's. It has a Composite Type material for the Wheel and a Blank Plastic piece where the Radio Controls are on the Leather Trim one.

·
Registered
133 Posts
DuSpinnst said:
The Steering Wheel is the same one from the new 4-Banger VUE's. It has a Composite Type material for the Wheel and a Blank Plastic piece where the Radio Controls are on the Leather Trim one.
Don't like that base model steering wheel? You can upgrade the wheel to the leather one with all controls. The wiring and connectors are already there for the radio, even in Sky's with no steering wheel audio. Airbag assembly can be transferred to the new wheel. OEM leather wheel with all controls runs about $150.00 on-line. A few have already done this over on the Solstice forums.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Looks GREAT..... i got the premium... black / tan.... i am slow.. but will get pics posted sometime..... she now has 5400 miles on her... and loved every one of them...SkyBaby-07

1 - 9 of 9 Posts