Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was actually a pair of Skys at the Washington Auto Show this week, one being out in the open (but still roped off) and one inside of a large red glowing cube that felt like a rave tent inside its dark surroundings with blaring music and flashing lights and a silver sky taking on the epcot-esc video projections of various parts of the car set to a female voice calling out features.

If they had served alcohol I would have stayed there all night at Club Sky.

I took some video (11 megs & slow feed): http://www.dictailgate.com/videos/Club_Sky.MPG

Did anyone else witness this either here of elsewhere? It was one of the most elaborate displays at the entire show. Perhaps identifying the attention this car is likely to get from GM and Saturn.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I was at the DC Show on Jan 25th and saw the SKY displayed. Although they didn't have one out in the open, just the one displayed in the cube - AKA "Club Sky" :)

I was really disappointed that they didn't have a SKY to set in. :confused:

I did get to sit in a Solstice that were on display. Just glad to see that I was able to fit in it and had some room...which means that I'll fit in the SKY. :willy:

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah likewise -- I sat in the Sol for a feel of what to expect in the Sky. I felt fine (6'1'' and 175) and thought there was a perfect amount of room.

I was amazed at how many people griped about not having room though. Many people no larger than myself would get in and say they felt they didnt have enough room for their legs. If you get a manual and your not taller than 6'1'' or so I can't see how this is possible. With the seat all the way back I don't believe I could fully press in the clutch petal. Who knows for automatic drivers -- but even still it seemed to be just enough room with a couple inches to spare.

On another note -- the much shorter visitors who sat in the car complained they felt too low in the seat.

·
Registered
17,635 Posts
The Fault Finder Finds Fault

You can never satisfy all the people all of the time...the fault finder finds fault even in paradise

MarlboroMike

·
Registered
256 Posts
I was there on the 25th as well. I loved "club sky" and sat in the Solstice as well. I felt like I had enough room to drive.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
I can not wait to see that in person! Looks like I'll be at the NY auto show in April even if I have my car by then!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts