Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

Picked up my Beautiful Sky this past Wednesday and it was pppeeerrrfect--EXCEPT for 1 body issue, and now a clunking/clanking noice when you open the rear hatch to stow the top. We noticed this right away when we picked her up, I describe it as a "dent" that has been made from the "inside", on top of the rear bumper right behind the passenger side. Looks like a mini-volcano. It is very pronounce because the whole fender top is nice and smooth until you come to "mount Sky". Really distrubed me to see this. Then this Thurdays nite, when putting the top down, when opening the rear trunk, after you pop it and lift it up to total open, I heard a clank/clunk and what I think is something on the mechanism hitting exactly from the inside where mount sky is at. It looks like it is binding somewhere but I could not exactly tell where because all the seams are perfect.

I already have made an oppointment with my dealer to have this fixed this coming Monday. I just wanted to see if anyone else have had this "problem". Here I have my brand new Sky and its already going into the shop--:willy: I'm the type that gets issues resolved right away--Other than that I just loove this car --

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Excellent news everyone. I just got my Sky back from the body shop today. Let me tell yawl, the guys at my dealer (Vera Saturn of Pembroke Pines, FL.) are magicians, just incredible. :cool:

As it turns out, my baby was abused during transportation from the plant. Either some idiot backed her up into something, or some nut hit her from the rear. :mad: Since the rear bumper is made of a rubber type material, it just returned or popped back to its original form, but the dent from the inside gave away the fact that "something happened". After the shop people removed the rear bumper is when they confirmed it was hit. They (transport people) damaged/bent some type of mechanism on the inside rear of the car also, which they replaced. When they heated up the rubber to flatten the dent, the paint cracked, so they had to repaint the whole thing. They also found the “rubber rag top pin protector is misaligned” on the driver’s side. That is a small rubber pad that is on the rear lid that protects the paint when you pop the lid from those metal spikes. If they are misaligned it could chip your paint. (I would of never known that), they replaced that. In fact, I am so happy and impressed with the whole staff there, that I am writing a letter mind you to the owner of the dealership, not an email—a letter. So, as you can see there are good dealers out there, it is a matter of finding who these good guys are—I would not even consider taking my Sky, or my H2 for that matter any place else for service or repairs EVER!!--AWSOME--

A SUPER happy Sky owner!! MB :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Saturn Service

Your service experience sounds just like the service I have been receiving from my dealer for the last 10 years! Oh, and a real letter goes a long way too. The folks at my dealer love it when we write - they like to share those kinds of things with all the people who work there.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bonnet is the hood and boot os the trunk.
I stand corrected, you are right the bonnet IS the hood, man can't believe its been that long since my service days in Europe and my buddies with the British Army--WOW--The boot is what had the "clunk" when u opened it..:jester: Thanks for correcting my ahh, my ahh wrong end hehe

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your service experience sounds just like the service I have been receiving from my dealer for the last 10 years! Oh, and a real letter goes a long way too. The folks at my dealer love it when we write - they like to share those kinds of things with all the people who work there.
Totally agree!! the letter not only has it been written, as the say--it is in the mail already--I complimented ALL that had anything to do with my Sky purchase and the service I have been receiving over the years @ Vera--With my H2, and what might come and have already happened with the Sky AND my H2--Mr. Vera is welcome to share my letter with whom ever he wishes, my intentions was to inform HIM!--After all it is his shop--:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
2 cases of beer for the Christmas holidays does wonders also!!!:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts