Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help fellow owners: Ok here is my problem, when I come to a stop and have the clutch pushed all the way down to the floor my car chatters like I forgot to push it in. I am using 91 octane fuel. I know on an 18 wheeler when it does that it means your clutch brake is going bad but I have to admit, not being familar with 4 wheelers (cars) I dont know if they have one too??? Has anyone else experienced this? :willy:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
agirltrucker said:
Help fellow owners: Ok here is my problem, when I come to a stop and have the clutch pushed all the way down to the floor my car chatters like I forgot to push it in. I am using 91 octane fuel. I know on an 18 wheeler when it does that it means your clutch brake is going bad but I have to admit, not being familar with 4 wheelers (cars) I dont know if they have one too??? Has anyone else experienced this? :willy:
I'd have your clutch checked. Sounds like it may be out of adjustment -- or the hydraulics have leaked a bit...

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the quick response, will do that tomorrow...:thumbs:

·
Registered
692 Posts
It is possible that the throwout bearing is going bad also. I think your dealer ought to be very diligent about this. I would recommend that if Anything is out of the ordinary you do your best to insist on a full replacement of the clutch, that is the clutch, pressure plate and throwout bearing.
Let us know what the dealership says.
Good luck!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
StarlightSky said:
It is possible that the throwout bearing is going bad also. I think your dealer ought to be very diligent about this. I would recommend that if Anything is out of the ordinary you do your best to insist on a full replacement of the clutch, that is the clutch, pressure plate and throwout bearing.
Good luck!
Thank you, will do darling....:D

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
StarlightSky said:
Good luck!
:agree: Anytime you replace one of the three clutch parts, all should be replaced. Your are in that deep in the tear down, might as well. IMO. I have always done this.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Ernest said:
:agree: Anytime you replace one of the three clutch parts, all should be replaced. Your are in that deep in the tear down, might as well. IMO. I have always done this.
Yup -- had a clutch done on the cheap -- 60 days later -- Throw went too...

·
Registered
540 Posts
My first Mustang GT had that problem. I only had a few thousand miles on it when it happened. They changed out everything under warranty and it drove better and felt better afterwards. Drove the heck out of that car for many, many miles after that initial clutch problem, never had anything else go wrong with it. Just make them fix it right the first time and hopefully you will have the same results :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
agirltrucker said:
Me too. But mine does not feel like the clutch is the problem. Mine feels like when the engine drops back to idle that the idle speed drops too low just for a moment. It doesn't do it every time I stop, so I thought maybe I was not pushing the clutch in soon enough and was beginning to stall the engine

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Just talked to the service manager and he said that when he drove my car Saturday he noticed it too. He says fills more like motor mounts...:willy: Anyway he is going to do some calling and will get back to me. Looks like she may be going in for surgery on sat....:brentil:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts