Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We heard back from the district manager & found out that our Sky IS NOT in Oklahoma as we were told last week!:mad: On September 14th. it was in Ohio & we are now being told it will be in Oklahoma City tomorrow. They are trying to get a Saturday delivery for us. :brentil:

I am not impressed with the "Hot Ticket" thing, didn't seem to work for me.:banghead:

But I have to say, my wife & I don't know what to believe anymore, don't know who to trust!:confused: I am very disappointed in the sales department we've been dealing with.:nono:

Well, the path of my car seems to be:

Deposit: 4/06
Built: 9/7/06
Shipped: 9/9/06
In Ohio: 9/14/06
In Oklahoma: WHO KNOWS WHEN
Delivery: I'LL BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT

This will be the third Saturn we bought & this is the worst experience we have had with them.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Cobra,
In all fairness to your dealer, and to make you feel better, it seems that once the car is shipped they sort of ...lose it. They were showing my car as still sitting at the plant...two weeks after I had it and was driving around. they'll make up for it. That is no consolation, but it will be here soon. At least you have some more accurate info and maybe they will finally realize this is an area they need to improve! Heres to hopin it gets her before the weekend!:cheers:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cobra,
In all fairness to your dealer, and to make you feel better, it seems that once the car is shipped they sort of ...lose it. They were showing my car as still sitting at the plant...two weeks after I had it and was driving around. they'll make up for it. That is no consolation, but it will be here soon. At least you have some more accurate info and maybe they will finally realize this is an area they need to improve! Heres to hopin it gets her before the weekend!:cheers:
Your right, they need to understand what the event codes mean before they tell their customers what they think they mean.

I would think that the Sales Managers, at the very least, would know how to read the event codes before the first car is even ordered. I wouldn't be so upset if they would have just told us up front that they weren't sure about the status of the car & that they would find out & call me back. At least that way, trust would not be an issue right now.

Whatever happened to good ole customer service anyway?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I wrote Saturn about that very point. I think this is the first time Saturn sales folk have ever had to deal with this level of excitement, and frankly, bad marketing decisions on the part of corporate left so many ill equipped. They needed to move faster to gauge and respond to the fact that this car appeals to folks who couldve gotten a Porsche instead. A pothole in the road to realizing they are selling cars people care about getting....now. It will work out. My dealer made up for these blips when I took delivery and on the service end. I hope it works out. When you get your survey, note it for the record.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Saturn knows what they are doing, they just dont want the customer to run there corperation! they decide when you get the car. NOT YOU!

TO many people seem to forget that there not in charge of Saturn.

Not even the customers of Porshe get any say on when they get there New GT thats worth 15 skys. ITS supply and demand so get use to it.

Salesman know there event codes but they arent giving you the full story each Saturn is independtly owned and whatever route makes more money, even skipping your turn in line makes it! Just get use to it. IF you get some confused answer to why you waited soo long or, why you got skipped it all comes down to money, and its like that in any buisness.

I'm not representing saturn in anyway but you guys know what it comes down to, dont pretend be blind.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
We heard back from the district manager & found out that our Sky IS NOT in Oklahoma as we were told last week!:mad: On September 14th. it was in Ohio & we are now being told it will be in Oklahoma City tomorrow. They are trying to get a Saturday delivery for us. :brentil:

I am not impressed with the "Hot Ticket" thing, didn't seem to work for me.:banghead:

But I have to say, my wife & I don't know what to believe anymore, don't know who to trust!:confused: I am very disappointed in the sales department we've been dealing with.:nono:

Well, the path of my car seems to be:

Deposit: 4/06
Built: 9/7/06
Shipped: 9/9/06
In Ohio: 9/14/06
In Oklahoma: WHO KNOWS WHEN
Delivery: I'LL BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT

This will be the third Saturn we bought & this is the worst experience we have had with them.
The Hot ticket works to get it out of Willmington and Lordstown fast. But once it gets on the train they have no control. Then the Hot ticket should kicks back into gear once it gets to the final train depot. But sometimes your Dealership has to call the trucking company and remind them there is a hot ticket on it. Because sometimes they miss seeing the hot ticket. I guess it depends on the Trucking company and how good their paper work is.

For me my Solstice was only going by truck here to Ct. 6 hour drive, thats when the hot ticket workd the best. I got it shipped as soon as a hold came off. They loaded it within a few hours.

Can you get the railcar number you can track it yourself ?

·
Registered
482 Posts
When the code jumps around from 4200 to 4800 and back again the dealer can only speculate where the car is and since your car took a different route than most that are delivered to that dealership they were probably a little confused.
Saturday delivery sounds good, you will have all weekend to drive and maybe we can still make the show Tuesday night.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
When the code jumps around from 4200 to 4800 and back again the dealer can only speculate where the car is and since your car took a different route than most that are delivered to that dealership they were probably a little confused.
Saturday delivery sounds good, you will have all weekend to drive and maybe we can still make the show Tuesday night.
It's not 4200 to 4800. It's 4200 to 4B00. Every time it get bayed after shipping it's at another depot waiting to be picked up by another train. The dealer should know this. To get to texas it goes shipped and bayed ( 4B00 ) 3 times to final depot. If they change rail cars it says that it's Off loaded.

If a customer can figure it out I would think a dealer should.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Saturn knows what they are doing, they just dont want the customer to run there corperation! they decide when you get the car. NOT YOU!

TO many people seem to forget that there not in charge of Saturn.

Not even the customers of Porshe get any say on when they get there New GT thats worth 15 skys. ITS supply and demand so get use to it.

Salesman know there event codes but they arent giving you the full story each Saturn is independtly owned and whatever route makes more money, even skipping your turn in line makes it! Just get use to it. IF you get some confused answer to why you waited soo long or, why you got skipped it all comes down to money, and its like that in any buisness.

I'm not representing saturn in anyway but you guys know what it comes down to, dont pretend be blind.
NOBODY is trying to run Saturn as you put it, but I EXPECT good customer service! Don't you??? Oh, and by the way, the decided I was getting the car this past Monday but it turns out it wasn't even in Oklahoma.

You are not entirely correct stating that salesman know the event codes, I had at least TWO of them told me they do not understand what they mean. You can not accurately state that all salesman know the event codes, how many saturn dealerships have you worked with concerning the Sky?

·
Registered
482 Posts
It's not 4200 to 4800. It's 4200 to 4B00. Every time it get bayed after shipping it's at another depot waiting to be picked up by another train. The dealer should know this. To get to texas it goes shipped and bayed ( 4B00 ) 3 times to final depot. If they change rail cars it says that it's Off loaded.

If a customer can figure it out I would think a dealer should.
Thats why I said "and back again". All they see is code movement and this car took a different route than normal.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Sky's Needed!
Hey I missed you guys at the car show last night, so tired of drooling on the Solstice and trying to tell everyone what my new car will look like. I need a show and tale Sky to show the locals what they are missing. Last I looked the weather for next Tuesday was clear and sunny so I hope Cobra gets his Sky and Maverick joins him and makes an appearance at Tuesday night car show, Back Yard Burgers 71st and Mingo Tulsa, OK

TulsaSky

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sky's Needed!
Hey I missed you guys at the car show last night, so tired of drooling on the Solstice and trying to tell everyone what my new car will look like. I need a show and tale Sky to show the locals what they are missing. Last I looked the weather for next Tuesday was clear and sunny so I hope Cobra gets his Sky and Maverick joins him and makes an appearance at Tuesday night car show, Back Yard Burgers 71st and Mingo Tulsa, OK

TulsaSky
If I get mine before Tuesday, I'll be there.:thumbs: A friend of mine with a 1970 big block Corvette (all original) wants to tag along.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Thats why I said "and back again". All they see is code movement and this car took a different route than normal.
If a customer knows ( Like I can trace ) they should know. Second, all they have to do it get the rail car number and check every day.

The first shipped bayed is it going to lordstown. Second shiped bayed is going to Chicago. And the 3rd depends on where your car is going.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts