Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the news from the dealer VIN# 4020. Hoping it will b delivered within the next 2wks. I made the down payment in MAY right after the NY car show. Just luck that the dealership was in Harlem and GM and the investors for the dealership have invested alot of money so they are getting alot of allocations for the SKY. The manager told me one guy took his name off the list and was higher on another dealers list but because they arent getting the allocations like him that guy would have been getting his right after mine, now the guy wants back in but has to go the back of the list. NEXT UP WHAT MODS TO DO? Thinking CAI and Etched wind screen and a nice car cover!! I feel like I just got my admission to the club. :D

·
Registered
450 Posts
Congrats! I put my deposit down in December...and I just went 3800! (I imaged May 4th)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Congrats!

Wow, thats the first VIN I've seen over 4000. Depending on the actual production run number, we could be at the halfway point already!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I wish I was lucky like that. I ordered mine (well, placed my deposit that already has been cashed) on June 3. I was told that I am #57 at the dealership ( a group of 5 Saturn Dealerships in Eastern Missouri). Hopefully I don't have to wait TOO long! This is what I ordered:

Midnight Blue
Automatic
Limited Slip
6-disc Monsoon
Premium Black and Tan interior
Tan top

I am like a little kid right now. I WANT MY SKY!!!!!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
Very cool!!!

What is that retailer like??? How do they keep the Saturn part seperate from the Chevy part???

·
Registered
450 Posts
Bogs said:
I wish I was lucky like that. I ordered mine (well, placed my deposit that already has been cashed) on June 3. I was told that I am #57 at the dealership ( a group of 5 Saturn Dealerships in Eastern Missouri). Hopefully I don't have to wait TOO long! This is what I ordered:

Midnight Blue
Automatic
Limited Slip
6-disc Monsoon
Tan top

#57....you need to look for another dealer!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I wasn't thinking that was bad. I was told that this group of dealerships get 10-15 per month. I am expecting mid-to-late Fall, which is waht I was told. Of course, I'd prefer to get it now!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I am surprised at the 10-12 PER MONTH. I put my deposit down in March at a Kansas City dealership. There are three Saturn dealerships (one owner though) in KC and they are only getting 7 allocations FOR THE YEAR as of April.
That is a total of 21 that would be delivered in 2006. Maybe allocations have gone up due to higher production levels?

Skylar

Black Exterior
Black Top
Black & Tan Premium
All Radio upgrade
LSD

·
Registered
450 Posts
Bogs said:
I wasn't thinking that was bad. I was told that this group of dealerships get 10-15 per month. I am expecting mid-to-late Fall, which is waht I was told. Of course, I'd prefer to get it now!

Personally, I would do a little research on the 10-15 per month.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
I could see it... 5 locations... 10 a month would be 2 per location a month... not unbelievable...

·
Registered
574 Posts
I agree, you may want to find another dealer.......

Bogs said:

Midnight Blue
Automatic
Limited Slip
6-disc Monsoon
Tan top

The allocation of skys may put you into an 08 vs. 07 sky!! I think that you may want to confirm that # of skys with the dealer.....just to make sure.......:cool:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Hey thats great!!!

I am very happy for you....now get that road map out for that first saturday afternoon cruise!!:cheers:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK just a call from the dealer and my baby will be here either Weds or Thurs. So Im looking at either Thurs or friday to get her. Got my insurance and loan stuff done so it s just about a done deal!!:cheers:

·
Registered
450 Posts
migg750 said:
OK just a call from the dealer and my baby will be here either Weds or Thurs. So Im looking at either Thurs or friday to get her. Got my insurance and loan stuff done so it s just about a done deal!!:cheers:

wow that was fast! Congrats! That was not even 2 weeks!

·
Registered
151 Posts
migg750 said:
I'm jealous! My vin# is 4010 and I just went to 4000 yesterday. They aren't expecting mine in for another two weeks. Our vins are just 10 cars apart...we're almost related! :lol:

Congrats on the great news!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Bogs said:

Are you #57 at one of the dealerships????....or are you #57 as a total of all 5 dealerships?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Dang...you folks are all getting your cars FAST! My VIN is 3134 and I still have not taken delivery. :banghead: My car is sitting in the railyard in Chicago Heights awaiting the car hauler. :willy:

·
Registered
450 Posts
:agree:

I went 3800...6/12....i am looking at 3 weeks!

·
Registered
151 Posts
nscrbug said:
Dang...you folks are all getting your cars FAST! My VIN is 3134 and I still have not taken delivery. :banghead: My car is sitting in the railyard in Chicago Heights awaiting the car hauler. :willy:
:eek: I don't know how you can stand it! For crying out loud...give me the number to your dealership. By the time I get through with them, they'll be headed to the rail yard to pick it up for you. I'm sure they aren't happy to have there "sale" sitting there either. My fingers are crossed that you'll get it soon. Hang in there! :brentil:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
MyMidnightSky said:
:eek: I don't know how you can stand it! For crying out loud...give me the number to your dealership. By the time I get through with them, they'll be headed to the rail yard to pick it up for you. I'm sure they aren't happy to have there "sale" sitting there either. My fingers are crossed that you'll get it soon. Hang in there! :brentil:
It is a bit frustrating...to say the least. Especially, because the railyard is probably less than 25 miles from my dealer. :mad: My GM says that they used to have the option of going to the railyard to pick up the cars themselves...but they no longer can do that, for some reason. I'm still hoping that the car will show up at my dealer by the end of the week for a Saturday delivery...but at this point in the game, I won't be holding my breath. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts