Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK Sky buds I need help. I was told today that as of the 24th my car was at a 4B00. I was told that ment its bayed and getting ready for the rail car??? Anyone have in insight on this? Thanks friend... :D

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I am afraid the only insight I have is that YOU ARE SO EXCITED that your beautiful Sky is perhaps on its way, you can barely stand it. Maybe someone can offer something more scientific about the timing of its arrival, but it seems as if it takes about three weeks from the time it gets to the train yard, before it gets to you. :) Closer than it was! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
There was a post on that code I read today, run a search, it was something about the car moving from loc to loc in the rail yard...Seal9:cheers:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
skywulf said:
I am afraid the only insight I have is that YOU ARE SO EXCITED that your beautiful Sky is perhaps on its way, you can barely stand it. Maybe someone can offer something more scientific about the timing of its arrival, but it seems as if it takes about three weeks from the time it gets to the train yard, before it gets to you. :) Closer than it was! :cheers:
Hey, you must know me pretty darn well.....:lol: Yes, you just described me to a tee.... :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
seal9 said:
There was a post on that code I read today, run a search, it was something about the car moving from loc to loc in the rail yard...Seal9:cheers:
Yea, Im a stup muff. I found it after I posted this. Thanks for the info..:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Well, I am all about positive empathizin'! I hope that code turns out to mean "It will be here in an hour" but, hey, probably not. Still, you are closer than you were when I started posting here in March, right? So YIPPPEEEEE!!!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your correct. Hubby keeps telling me "calm down baby, your alot closer now than you were 1 month ago" Calm down, easy for him to say...:lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
agirltrucker said:
Your correct. Hubby keeps telling me "calm down baby, your alot closer now than you were 1 month ago" Calm down, easy for him to say...:lol:
Jump in the truck say "Dispatch I have a run to Delaware to pick up a load of SKYS and return " don't you think that the dispatch will let you do it? Probably not but hey at least it beats waiting. And besides after you get yours what does that leave me? A whole slew of newbies to talk too. But I tant complaining because I can talk anybody's head off. Ask my girlfriend, she says don't I have to post on Skyroadster.com or something while she watches TV. I mean I got a life. And its this forum. Did I say that out loud? Skip...looking to post elsewhere.....another thread?:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Aww now Skip, I cant leave ya alone. I thought about grabing one of our covered car carries and running to Del to pick up all my buddies Sky's. Ill tell dispatch that Ill be back in a coupla a weeks.... :thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
agirltrucker said:
Aww now Skip, I cant leave ya alone. I thought about grabing one of our covered car carries and running to Del to pick up all my buddies Sky's. Ill tell dispatch that Ill be back in a coupla a weeks.... :thumbs:

Hey GIRLFRIEND.... you betta stop by and get me for the ride........ sounds like a totally fun..... rowdy... ROADTRIP FOR US GIRLS.....SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya know were gonna get together, we have been thru alot for these cars... :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Hey, there might be room for three in a cab. I am a good singer. Sky Baby and I could drink cocktails and offer moral support while you drive, and then all the "SKY" we toted would have good, happy Karma...I think it is a marvelous Idea! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
seal9 said:
Yeah, that was probably my post. Being 4B00 can happen several times with multiple code changes. It means your car was 'Bayed' in essence they're moving your car around prior to shipment via train.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
skywulf said:
Hey, there might be room for three in a cab. I am a good singer. Sky Baby and I could drink cocktails and offer moral support while you drive, and then all the "SKY" we toted would have good, happy Karma...I think it is a marvelous Idea! :cheers:
Im liking your thinking...:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
brentil said:
Yeah, that was probably my post. Being 4B00 can happen several times with multiple code changes. It means your car was 'Bayed' in essence they're moving your car around prior to shipment via train.
Since you seem very knowledgble about this subject, any idea on the time frame to my dealer. I am being told apx 20 days, which I dont doubt, but my dealer already received and paided my invoice last week. :willy:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
agirltrucker said:
Im liking your thinking...:thumbs:
Let me know, I am due some time off. :cheers: It sounds as if we need to get together when we all get our cars!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
skywulf said:
Let me know, I am due some time off. :cheers: It sounds as if we need to get together when we all get our cars!
Im always looking forward to getting together with other Sky lovers.. :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
agirltrucker said:
Since you seem very knowledgble about this subject, any idea on the time frame to my dealer. I am being told apx 20 days, which I dont doubt, but my dealer already received and paided my invoice last week. :willy:
Usually if you had your invoice your car was not that far away, a week at most... I'm not sure how it's equating with the Sky though since I haven't paid as close attention here as I did with the Sols (since I was getting one). The other dealer car being bayed a bunch doesn't necisarily mean yours is next to it. Yours might have shipped on a set before it or is sitting behind it waiting still.

Shipping time can depend on a lot of factors. How close you are to the main train hubs, how many times they have to put it on/take it off a train/truck, the number of other cars before your causing various stops along the way, etc.

Here in FL we had time frames ranging from 33 days to 11 days for various members.

·
Registered
178 Posts
invoice to receive

agirltrucker said:
don't know if this means anything, but the person who just received her car here yesterday, 4/27 received her invoice at the dealership 4/19.....

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey, every bit of infor helps. Thanks :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts