Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search here and the Sol Forums, and couldn't come with a concrete confirmed CD number for the Sky.

I'm curious because I'm considering the Spoiler for my order, and wanted to know what it's CD is stock.

Just by looks alone, I'd take a guess that the Sky has a slightly lower CD than the Sol......but i'm not an aero engineer.

Anyone know the real CD numbers for the Sky....and heck, the Sol too if you know it.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
From Car and Driver's reviews:

Base Solstice: Drag area, Cd (0.44) x frontal area (21.5 sq ft): 9.5 sq ft

Solstice GXP: Drag area, Cd (0.45) x frontal area (21.1 sq ft): 9.5 sq ft

Base Sky: Drag area, Cd (0.42) x frontal area (20.0 sq ft, est): 8.8 sq ft

They haven't done a full review of the Sky RL yet.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you.

And would you happen to know if that was or w/o spoiler?

At least my assumption was correct that the body of the sky does infact have a slightly lower CD than the Sol. heh heh

·
Super Moderator
6,758 Posts
Someone here posted that the base Sky is hp limited to 126 MPH. Does this mean that the Sol is slower ? Same hp, higher Cd, larger cross section.

Never mind, answered my own question. According to the C&D road test, the Sol is hp limited to 123 MPH.

Also, the pics in the C&D article show a Sol without a spoiler, so the .44 Cd is probably without it, also.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Those seem like awfully high CD #'s. I was just looking at the on-line numbers of the 350Z roadster and the BMW 335i Coupe... both of which are .30

1 - 6 of 6 Posts