Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
as part of the suspenison package for the sky, it says it has bilstein coilovers. maybe im blind or am missing something but those are not coilovers. coilovers to me means you can rotate a collar up or down effectively raising or lowering the ride height of the car. from the pix i have seen thus far the sky seems to have no adjustability. i mean its kool its rolling with bilsteins cuz their a good company but they are just not coilovers in my opinion. is there adjustability that im not seeing?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well maybe its me then cuz i always thought that a coilover only came as adjustable. oh well, i learn something new everyday. :D

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Perhaps you don't see what isn't there! We haven't seen a production car as yet. Correct? Heck we haven't even seen the roof yet.

·
Registered
623 Posts
skyster said:
well maybe its me then cuz i always thought that a coilover only came as adjustable. oh well, i learn something new everyday. :D
No coil over just means that the coil is over the shock, in effect making the shock a strut (which means it is a locating member). Almost all coil over aftermarket struts are adjustable.

·
Registered
71 Posts
It should be VERY easy to add an adjustable nut & sleeve if you want to make it adjustable.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
SkyCaptain said:
It should be VERY easy to add an adjustable nut & sleeve if you want to make it adjustable.
I agree, it should be a pretty simple process. I wouldn't be suprised if Bilstein didn't already have a retro fit kit available, or soon if they don't already. I wonder if the suspension upgrade for the Solstice adds adjustables or not, I haven't looked into that or not.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the sol and sky share pretty much everything under teh hood rite? why is it that the sky is a cushy ride when compared to the sol? is it just diff springs or is it the whole deal? would it be possible to use sol suspension on the sky? there are 2 things i wanna do with the sky and those are, 1) win shows 2) drift. suspension is prob the most important thing in drifting and a soft suspension wont kut it. im pretty sure by the time the sky is out and in my driveway, h&r or eibach will already have lowering springs for the sol. just curious if it would transfer over.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
skyster said:
the sol and sky share pretty much everything under teh hood rite? why is it that the sky is a cushy ride when compared to the sol? is it just diff springs or is it the whole deal? would it be possible to use sol suspension on the sky? there are 2 things i wanna do with the sky and those are, 1) win shows 2) drift. suspension is prob the most important thing in drifting and a soft suspension wont kut it. im pretty sure by the time the sky is out and in my driveway, h&r or eibach will already have lowering springs for the sol. just curious if it would transfer over.
All we know is terminology that's been used to describe it. I believe it was something along the lines of 'a smoother ride' which I'm betting it's not that much different from the Solstice. More then likely it's the exact same hardware underneath, just adjusted differently. There will be a suspension upgrade for the Solstice, no word if it'll be made available as a Sky upgrade to or not.

If you want drifting or show quality you need to go aftermarket.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you may be rite about the aftermarket stuff. factory is good at building the cars but they usually have no clue what the customer wants as far as performance and they are usually way over priced for what you get. example would be i called VW for the R-line suspension for my getta. they said it would cost me 1300 bones to drop teh car not even 1 full inch. no thanx. i'll prob go with an adjustable shock or strut (always get confused on those) and some linear wound springs. would i want the front end stiffer or the back end stiffer so that she brakes out easier? thanx

·
Registered
82 Posts
skyster said:
you may be rite about the aftermarket stuff. factory is good at building the cars but they usually have no clue what the customer wants as far as performance and they are usually way over priced for what you get. example would be i called VW for the R-line suspension for my getta. they said it would cost me 1300 bones to drop teh car not even 1 full inch. no thanx. i'll prob go with an adjustable shock or strut (always get confused on those) and some linear wound springs. would i want the front end stiffer or the back end stiffer so that she brakes out easier? thanx
Be sure of one thing. The aftermarket will explode with all kinds of options for what your gonna want to do(another benefit for the Sky going second). The Solstice forum already has post market people doing casual polls of members, picking their brains on the very things you are talking about. Won't be long before our mailboxes are full of catalogues (and our plastic is worn down to the bone).

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey bird, by plastic your talking about the credit card rite? i wanna make sure im trackin you on that. i will use teh CC but i will have teh $$$ in teh bank ready to pay off the card as soon as the order is made. i just have gotten sick of drag racing. all my cars have pretty much been drag and i want something new but looks dizzam good doing it. ill be all motor at 200hp and a slammed sky with negative camber, stiff rear sway (possibly adjustable if anyone comes out with one.) possible 17's for teh job. 18s for the show. over all, she will be going all motor and concentrating more on suspension. will prob be less then if i went forced induction. MAYBE.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts