Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone think the optional cold-air intake worth it? it's basically a neccessary bolt-on for performance standards, i'm not thrilled with the 177-hp so another 8-10hp is slightly acceptable. the price is a little steep but its not a total difference from what i see prices go for cold-air intakes on ebay for solstices. would adding an aftermarket one void warranties? i figure a factory one wouldn't. most people i talked to so far say "go for it". i'm leaning towards getting it, but any advice?

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Have you driven a Solstice. 177hp moves that little car. If you want 250+ hp you're going to pay for it. The idea of the Kappa was an affordable roadster to compete with the Miata.

I'm thinking about getting the CAI from the dealer but I'm not that hung up on the extra HP. If I was I'd be in line for the RL when it comes out next year.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
:agree:
rick112 said:
Have you driven a Solstice. 177hp moves that little car. If you want 250+ hp you're going to pay for it. The idea of the Kappa was an affordable roadster to compete with the Miata.

I'm thinking about getting the CAI from the dealer but I'm not that hung up on the extra HP. If I was I'd be in line for the RL when it comes out next year.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I am gonna get one...I like the sound and the added fuel enonomy (if you drive it nice)

·
Registered
92 Posts
CdnSkyGuy said:
I am gonna get one...I like the sound and the added fuel enonomy (if you drive it nice)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, what an extra .5 mpg?? It will only take you 6 years to make up for that rediculious price they are charging. Not to mention you will like the sound of the intake so much you'll always accellerate harder just to hear it.. thus eliminating any possible increase.

CAI are great, but you can get the exact same one aftermarket for 1/3rd of the cost, and it will take you all of 20 min. to install.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
If you have the GMPP one isntalled by your dealer it's covered by the base waranty for the 3 years/36000 miles. If you go after market it's covered by the makers warranty. Going after market will not void your warranty, but if the aftermarket part is proven to be the cause of a future issue then warranty work can possibly be denied by the dealership.

·
Registered
76 Posts
brentil said:
If you have the GMPP one isntalled by your dealer it's covered by the base waranty for the 3 years/36000 miles. If you go after market it's covered by the makers warranty. Going after market will not void your warranty, but if the aftermarket part is proven to be the cause of a future issue then warranty work can possibly be denied by the dealership.
The GM cai has a better solid bolt fitting and really looks better. Costs $365 at GM Direct.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts