Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been waffling over color choice and finally settled on black. I'm in my last few days of being able to make changes..i finally settled on black instead of silver pearl and made the change. today my dealer told me that black might take an "extra couple" of weeks to get delivered...i realize that in the grand scheme of things a couple of weeks isnt much more to wait to get exactly what you want , but i have a nagging fear...what if "couple weeks" turns out to be even longer!! I am in agony, part of me wants to change back to the silver pearl which he said could be delivered in 6 weeks. What would you do? Silver pearl in 5 1/2 weeks or the color you really want in ?x weeks? ..I like every color i've seen on the sky and i'm not the most patient person :banghead: I have passed on 2 solstices that couid have been in my driveway six months ago because i liked the sky better..i have stuck to my guns this long...i guess i can wait a little longer...but i liked the firm sound of 5 1/2 weeks alot better than the vague non-commital "could take a couple weeks longer" I guess i will wait more :confused:
big decisions.....what to do ....what to do......:willy:

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'm not sure why it would take any longer. I test drove a black one the other day. It's not like it's some exotic color that is in limited supply. I would go with what you really want.

MrJester

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Ernest said:
All but the Bluestone are available at present, no restriction, except for the upcharge for the yellow. Am I right?
I agree -- (and paying an upcharge!)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Astronomer said:
I have been waffling over color choice and finally settled on black. I'm in my last few days of being able to make changes..i finally settled on black instead of silver pearl and made the change. today my dealer told me that black might take an "extra couple" of weeks to get delivered...i realize that in the grand scheme of things a couple of weeks isnt much more to wait to get exactly what you want , but i have a nagging fear...what if "couple weeks" turns out to be even longer!! I am in agony, part of me wants to change back to the silver pearl which he said could be delivered in 6 weeks. What would you do? Silver pearl in 5 1/2 weeks or the color you really want in ?x weeks? ..I like every color i've seen on the sky and i'm not the most patient person :banghead: I have passed on 2 solstices that couid have been in my driveway six months ago because i liked the sky better..i have stuck to my guns this long...i guess i can wait a little longer...but i liked the firm sound of 5 1/2 weeks alot better than the vague non-commital "could take a couple weeks longer" I guess i will wait more :confused:
Your dealer is my dealer, and I know him pretty well now since i have been talking to him for a very long time, If he does not know something for certian he will give you a worst case senario, instead of telling you something and then you get dissapointed... better for him to tell you it may take a couple weeks longer and you get it inthe same 6 weeks than tell you it will be here in 6 weeks and it takes a couple weeks longer... Just order what you really want and wait, you have waited this long whats a couple more weeks?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
I agree -- (and paying an upcharge!)

I paid the upcharge as well. There was no cloth option for the Yellow either. Black leather or bust! Which is good cause I wanted that anyhow.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm hoping Tim is right and he was just giving me a worst case scenario....he didnt say black was constrained...just said it might take a couple weeks longer...not trying to start a black paint constraint rumor...hehe...it's in the computer now ...i will just wait and see...hopefully i'll be pleasently surprised with a speedy delivery

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i know this is a silly thread altogether ..but seeing the pics of NCBlues delivered sky has me feeling like two weeks is a couple of decades:banghead:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Astronomer said:
i know this is a silly thread altogether ..but seeing the pics of NCBlues delivered sky has me feeling like two weeks is a couple of decades:banghead:
I know this has gotten very exciting seeing cars being actually delivered... I hope to have mine by this time next week...:driving:
If i do we will have to plan on meeting when you get yours, we can start our own East Tennessee Solstice & Sky club... the ETSSC
PS it is not a silly thread...

·
First Reported SKY Owner!
408 Posts
Sorry to make your wait seem like torture-but it will be worth it to have it like you REALLY want it. That way, you can never say-I just got what was available, but I really wanted <this>. Don't settle for something that is less than what you want. You made the right decision and I'll try not to make it harder for you. Just modify my pics to pretend it's you in your new black SKY!

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Astronomer said:
There is NO reason for the Black to be any more delayed than the Silver one at this point. I agree he may had just given you a worst case scenarion and nothing else... :thumbs:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Order what you really want. Even if it takes a little longer, after you get it you will have no regrets!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SKYMAN 07 :thumbs: :agree: count me in for a local kappa car club..i think i am almost as much of a sky enthusiast as you if that is even possible :D
It was rather funny when we met at the sky viewing and we both knew far more about the car than the people traveling with it:cheers:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts