Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm almost there. I'll be test driving a Sky on Monday, and, if everything goes well, I'll be placing an order

I have only seen 2 Sky's on the road in passing, but I know a lot of people who post on this forum have seen a lot more and seen them closer than I have.

I can't decide the color I should buy and I'd appreciate your opinions. Right now I'm considering the Forest Green with tan top and leather or a Cobalt Gray with Black top and leather.

Anybody have any opinions?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Dktrwu2 said:
Well, I'm almost there. I'll be test driving a Sky on Monday, and, if everything goes well, I'll be placing an order

I have only seen 2 Sky's on the road in passing, but I know a lot of people who post on this forum have seen a lot more and seen them closer than I have.

I can't decide the color I should buy and I'd appreciate your opinions. Right now I'm considering the Forest Green with tan top and leather or a Cobalt Gray with Black top and leather.

Get Black Onyx .......it is the fastest color....:D

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5056

·
Registered
139 Posts
I got a Silver Graphite/Black, Loaded. I really enjoy this color, since it doesn't show dust easy.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Bad question. Everybody loves the color they selected above all others.

I chose Yellow.

That said, I've seen the Green (with black top) and it is awesome looking too. I'm sure Green/Tan will look even better.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I haven't seen an ugly one yet. It is all personal preference. I would have to say that Black makes the chrome POP the most, but also hardest to keep clean!

Black for me!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Dktrwu2 said:

I have the Chili Pepper Red, Black Leather and all the rest of the goodies.:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I didn't make my final decision until forced to. But the only one I saw on the road was a silver one being testdriven...and the sun just glistened on it. It is a silver that isn't boring like the other silver cars I have had...such as a minivan..but hey...can't help a minivan look..less like a minivan. :lol: :lol: I chose silver, as I have a black car which I love, but I don't love it when it is dirty and it stresses me out between cleanings.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Since it REALLY does seem the Sky looks great in all colors and each color has its own unique charm we all love... Id say look at some of the things unqiue to you. Have you already owned a certain color for instance? Did you ever visualize youself owning say a red/yellow/black/ect... roadster? Do you think you look good wearing a certain color? Do you have anothere car with a certain color youd rather not have two of?

Maybe some of those questions will help... but asking which one looks best is like picking a golden retriever puppy.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
1994SC2 said:
Maybe some of those questions will help... but asking which one looks best is like picking a golden retriever puppy.
Pick the FASTEST one

·
Registered
358 Posts
Dktrwu2 said:

Silver Graphite with premium red/black trim AWESOME

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
SKY USA said:
I knew this poll was created for a good reason ! :thumbs:

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2281
Its a good poll to see what people are getting ... although I like feeling like my color is unique (though there are lots of guys in my area to counter that belief).

I wanted to make a poll based upon driver's age and color selection to see if there is a correlation (but there is a 20 selection limit on the poll).

·
Registered
438 Posts
skywulf said:
I didn't make my final decision until forced to. But the only one I saw on the road was a silver one being testdriven...and the sun just glistened on it. It is a silver that isn't boring like the other silver cars I have had...such as a minivan..but hey...can't help a minivan look..less like a minivan. :lol: :lol: I chose silver, as I have a black car which I love, but I don't love it when it is dirty and it stresses me out between cleanings.

SO true...the silver shines! I loved all the colors..but I am thrilled everyday I get in my clean silver pearl...the chrome wheels really makes it pop! Picture is from March, when I drove it home...notice how yucky Michigan is in early spring!! Now we are in summer mode!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
ishot3bucks said:
SO true...the silver shines! I loved all the colors..but I am thrilled everyday I get in my clean silver pearl...the chrome wheels really makes it pop! Picture is from March, when I drove it home...notice how yucky Michigan is in early spring!! Now we are in summer mode!!
Makes me drool....silver is cool....:lol:

·
Registered
205 Posts
me i'm tryn decide between silver pearl or silver graphite. I like the black but I always get black. Personally I think the green with tan would be a good choice. I like how the colors go together it makes me want one but i'll prob end up with cloth seats :confused:

·
Registered
637 Posts
black is fastest...

Black is obviously the fastest color...I ordered my RL in black.... I just don't understand why anyone would want ANY car in yellow...I always want to ask people with yellow cars, "where did you win it?".

·
Registered
68 Posts
whatever you get, the crome wheels are hot...

·
Registered
820 Posts
Here is my opinion as I have seen almost all the colors in person, all except white and of course bluestone. Keep in mind that I already understand that we all have opinions, but this is what he/she asked for:

Silver pearl - Much better in person, it really is more then a flat or metalic silver as it appears in photos. This colore also matches the windscreen and accents in case you dont like the new euro look. This color along with the accented chrome pieces make the car look like a mercedes in person.

Black - very cool, this color really shows the lines of the car and help to hide imperfections (ie gaps between panels, black wheel well spacing between tires, lumps in spoiler) This is a very good color choice when polished, but does dirty fast.

Dark Blue - very nice color, has same properties as the black, but does hide dirt alittle better, silver accents and chrome don't pop as much. Blue will look better on the redline.

Yellow - Nice attention getter, but the chrome mellows out the yellow, specially in the rear around the lights and windscreen. If I got this color (as much as I like yellow on sports cars) I would take it to a paint shop and have the windscreen and trunk accent painted yellow and then buy aftermarket tailights that don't use chrome as a surrounding material.

Dark Green - the metalic flake looks good, I never was much for green on a sports car, but the dark color, does make the chrome look good. The silver accents on the windscreen and tail section don't look as good with this color because the sky looks like a world class sports car and this color looks like it belongs on a minivan (some may argue that this is british racing green, I know.) I think getting this color would be like buying a ferrari and painting it dark green, seems like the opposite of buying a civic and puting ricer stuff all over it.

Red - red looks great on any car, but I wasn't as impressed with the red on this car. I think the silver accents give me a miata-ish feeling with the red, and this is definitly not a miata were dealing with (I have seen sharp looking red skys though)

White - the pictures I have seen of this color appear very sharp. Very reminiscent of the honda performance variants in the '90s that were painted all white and had red accents and seats. Very cool. I am not sure if I woudl get this though. I am looking more for clean and fast, rather then racer and fast.

Bluestone - The pictures I have seen of this color on the redline?! This made the tuff looking redline look bad. I hope this color looks better in person, but I thought it looked like someone threw-up boo-berry cereal on the sky...

Hope this helps...no offense to those that own some of these colors, I just wanted to help...:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts