Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A question for new Sky Owners:
When I get my Sky I am planning a trip from Seattle to Kansas City. So the question is, how comfortable is it for a long ride? I'm not worried about the trunk space as we will UPS clean clothes to KC. I have a '94 SL1 and after 2 or 3 hours it gets a little hard on the back. So I am hoping the Sky will be a dream to drive for 6 or 8 hours at a stretch, especially on those long straight roads in Montana and Wyoming.
Peeksdad
#4 and waiting
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
669 Posts
peeksdad said:
I am hoping the Sky will be a dream to drive for 6 or 8 hours at a stretch, especially on those long straight roads in Montana and Wyoming.
I imagine those long, straight roads won't take 6 or 8 hours anymore.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
A Saturn 4 door sedan. Great little car, I have 120k miles on it and when my Sky arrives it goes to my granddaughter. I've added a wing to it, pin stripping and other stuff!! She will be 16 on July 7th so hopefully I will have my Sky before I have to give up my SL1 on the 7th.
Peeksdad
#4 and waiting
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
311 Posts
peeksdad said:
A question for new Sky Owners:
When I get my Sky I am planning a trip from Seattle to Kansas City. So the question is, how comfortable is it for a long ride? I'm not worried about the trunk space as we will UPS clean clothes to KC. I have a '94 SL1 and after 2 or 3 hours it gets a little hard on the back. So I am hoping the Sky will be a dream to drive for 6 or 8 hours at a stretch, especially on those long straight roads in Montana and Wyoming.
Peeksdad
#4 and waiting

I have a 2000 LS, loaded,:thumbs: with leather seats. I have traveled in this vehicle for over 12 hours a day 3 days in a row. I have a bulging disc and I have not had a problem driving this car for long periods.

I hope that the Sky has as good a seat as my 2000 LS. I just love this seat.:thumbs:
 

·
First Reported SKY Owner!
Joined
·
408 Posts
I had a '95 SL1 and drove it to the Spring Hill, TN, Saturn Homecoming (about 6 hours, I think) and it was a little uncomfortable after a long stretch. The longest stretch I have driven my Sky (so far) is about 2-3 hours, but it fits like a glove and I had not even hint of discomfort. I think you will just be able to sit and drive for hours on end for miles and miles of smiles!:D I know you can't wait for it to get to you!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
389 Posts
Make a short pitstop every 3-4 hours or so, walk around and show off your ride...lol. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,950 Posts
NCBlue said:
I had a '95 SL1 and drove it to the Spring Hill, TN, Saturn Homecoming (about 6 hours, I think) and it was a little uncomfortable after a long stretch. The longest stretch I have driven my Sky (so far) is about 2-3 hours, but it fits like a glove and I had not even hint of discomfort. I think you will just be able to sit and drive for hours on end for miles and miles of smiles!:D I know you can't wait for it to get to you!
Ditto on the hours of smiles........ I stopped one time on the way to Fayetteville, itis a 5 and a half hour drive from my house...
I did have a scare yesterday, I started hearing a bad rattle from behind my right arm, I thought it was the cup holder there, but i kept searching and couldn't find the rattle, when i got to my son's appartment i found what it was, My cell phone had fallen out of my jacket pocket and was laying on the seat mounting bracket, when i removed it the rattle went away... this car is TIGHT!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
326 Posts
peeksdad said:
A question for new Sky Owners:
So the question is, how comfortable is it for a long ride?
Good Question...Not quite sure how you will get an accurate answer. Only YOUR body can tell you. My husband can sit in vehicles for hours on end and never hurt. I on the other hand must get out every hour, stretch all muscles, and I'm still hurting. If my right leg doesn't rest just right on the side of the drivers compartment my right knee hurts. Soooo....it will be your body that will have to tell if it is comfortable for the long haul. :) From sitting in the SOL, it's a snug fit, but the fit is good. 5'8" 150 lbs.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
So far my Sol has been great for the trips I've taken. Longest I've driven so far is about 350 miles at one time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,973 Posts
This past weekend, traveling to the NEO/PA SOS run, doing the run and then returning to Wisconsin on Sunday: 1240.0 miles, 26.1 mpg, 54 mph average speed. That works out to 23 hours in the saddle over three days of driving. No aches or pains, or any other indication that I spent that much time behind the wheel. This is the most comfortable car I have ever had in 40 years of driving.

I've done 4 trips over 500 miles in a day with no problems whatsoever.

Your mileage may vary.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top