Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a call from my local Saturn salesman earlier today. Apparently a (the?) preproduction Sky will be making an appearance at Saturn of Lynnwood (WA) this coming Wednesday, the 20th. I am #1 on the list at that dealership. Needless to say, I will be there with camera in hand, and will post pictures the following day. Am also more than willing to accept any photo requests the group may have.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I just saw the production model in Niles Ohio yesterday! Let me introduce myself. My wife and I have been waiting for the Sky since we first saw the concept about 3-4 years ago. We just put a deposit down with a friend at the dealership several days ago.

They told us about the production car that will be at a nearby baseball field for two days (scappers) and we showed up early (acctually our tickets were for the next day) and saturn was setting up. 90 degrees and hot, we helped them put up the two tents and set up the displays. The car was covered. They took the cover off (wow, midnight blue!) and started it up and drove it under the tent. I snapped one shot and the one saturn guy started covering it up. I ask if I could take pictures before he covered it and he said "no". They put up barriers to keep people away and would not let anyone near - not even to touch. They said it was a $250,000 handmade production car and could not let anyone even touch it. I doubt you will get your subwoofer picture. They do have a display of the entire sound system and XM radio that you can play with. We didn't, acctually, we were a little pissed and left. So I got one picture I will post latter.

I guess they have a job to do and I was interferring by asking. They did appreciate the help though. I unloaded 1800 lb of lead shot weights and helped position them around the tent legs. We helped raise the tents and brought out the display stands. You'd think they would make an exception.

Turk out

101jinx101 said:
Top up pic, and pic of the subwoofer... please :D also, maybe of the engine bay if possible? :D thanks

·
Registered
246 Posts
Here is the picture (hope this works!)

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Preston said:
Yep, very nice. It's the only picture -- not photoshopped -- of the Sky in a color other than silver.
You are forgetting the GM Employee Pricing Discount commercial where they display for several seconds a bright RED Saturn SKY!!!

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
101jinx101 said:
Top up pic, and pic of the subwoofer... please :D also, maybe of the engine bay if possible? :D thanks
If you really want a pic of the sub there's one atthe Solstice forums in the gallery. The sub in the Sky is the exact same one in the Solstice.

Awesome pic Turk, thank you very much. :cheers:

·
Registered
245 Posts
i've seen the one on the solstice forum, but want a better pic, cause it kinda looks like that one is a semi-circle? looks funny in the pic...

also, can anyone find that GM employee pricing commercial on the net? I'd like to see it, it isn't aired in Canada...

·
Registered
623 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a list of what dealerships and when the Sky will be there?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Turk said:
The car was covered. They took the cover off (wow, midnight blue!) and started it up and drove it under the tent.

Turk out
What did the engine and exhaust sound like when it was started & driven?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I made a comment to my wife that it sounded great! Not a low throated growel of a coffee can muffler, but louder than a Ford fiesta! :eek:

radtech said:
What did the engine and exhaust sound like when it was started & driven?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Gurney36 said:
I received a call from my local Saturn salesman earlier today. Apparently a (the?) preproduction Sky will be making an appearance at Saturn of Lynnwood (WA) this coming Wednesday, the 20th. I am #1 on the list at that dealership. Needless to say, I will be there with camera in hand, and will post pictures the following day. Am also more than willing to accept any photo requests the group may have.
a pic of the trunk interior and with the top up if you can...and a description of the roof operation would be helpful. thanx in advance...and to all SKY lovers a :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
sky_line said:
a pic of the trunk interior and with the top up if you can...and a description of the roof operation would be helpful. thanx in advance...and to all SKY lovers a :cheers:
If you go over to the Solstice Forums in the gallery you'll find several images of the trunk along with the top as well. There are a couple threads discussing top opperation.

Putting top Down
  • Using the button in the glove compartmant or key fob (if you have the Power Package), release the AFBTS's from their anchor points. They will automaticly swing into the folded position.
  • Push the button again to pop the trunk, it will raise slightly
  • Using the one central latch, unhook the roof from the windshield
  • Push the trunk up far enough to permit the roof to fold down
  • Fold down roof into trunk and close the trunk
Putting top up
  • Open the trunk via the glove compartment button or key fob (if you have Power Package)
  • Raise the roof out of the trunk and lower it into position and close the trunk
  • Attach the AFBTS's to their anchor points on the trunk lid
  • Using the one central latch, latch the roof to the windshield

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just returned from the dealership. As expected, and unfortunately, the car was absolutely off limits. No one with any official corporate affiliation could be found, and the local folks said they had been instructed to keep their hands off as well. Hence no top-up pictures, or for that matter any other pictures that had been requested. But the color should be of interest. Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Such a beautiful machine.

Has anyone else noticed how strange the A-pillar window seal looks near the top? (common to roadsters?) I just noticed that on the middle pic.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
-Tj- said:

Has anyone else noticed how strange the A-pillar window seal looks near the top? (common to roadsters?) I just noticed that on the middle pic.
We call them Baby Arms over at the Solstice Forums because previous pre-production cars had ones that kinda stuck out like little arms. These ones look far better then they used to.

I've put the images in the gallery.

·
Registered
20 Posts
-Tj- said:

Yea...i see that too. dunno if thats common to roadsters. another thing is the chrome in the rear lights. wish they would get rid of it. looks kinda gaudy. car looks good though.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts