Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know people mentioned they wished that the sky had a built in compass (in another thread, but I just cant find it right now). Anyhow, I happened across a replacement mirror that has a built in compass. It has all the On*Star controls too, and is supposed to just plug into the existing harness. Kind of expensive at $210, but if you REALLY want a compass or you broke your current one it might be an option.
http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/nigvisrearvi.html

I don't think this infringes on any site sponsor's turf, but if so, I apologize. :eek:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Hmmm.... I thought the Sky had a compass built into the mirror.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
NOPE... darn it.... our VUE does.. and our avalanche.. and both have on-star SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So swap the mirror out of the Vue! If you do it without telling anyone it may take a long time before someone even notices.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Darn I was going to post a link to a pic I saw on the Saturn site but I can't find it now.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I wonder if the On Star replacement mirror for the Sky will work with a compass and temperature if the Sky wasn't prewired for it in the first place. Maybe one of the dealers can tell us. We already have the temp in the dash but the compass would be nice. I wonder what a GM Onstar mirror would cost and if it would work?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
skyfan said:
I wonder if the On Star replacement mirror for the Sky will work with a compass and temperature if the Sky wasn't prewired for it in the first place. Maybe one of the dealers can tell us. We already have the temp in the dash but the compass would be nice. I wonder what a GM Onstar mirror would cost and if it would work?

Hmm...that's an interesting and good question...about the car having to be prewired for the compass. However, when I was looking at the Mazda3 a few months back, I wanted the autodim/compass mirror and it was available not only as a factory option but as a 'dealer installed' option, as well...so I'm guessing that just maybe those compass mirrors don't need any prewiring to function properly. But again...that was a Mazda and not a GM car, so it may be totally different.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.