Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I for one, have never owned a car that people would stare at and compliment. I did own one that they would stare at but that was because it was such an ugly wreck... However the Sky gets stared at, complimented, and people drive crazy just to look at it. Most likely its because its so new - they just haven't seen one before.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had some fun stories to tell about the compliments they have had with their Skys?

I actually got pulled over by a cop who came up and said with a smile... "I just pulled you over to get a better look at your car... very nice - drive safely" Then there is all the people who have yelled "nice ride" as I drive by. And those at gas stations who stare with their mouths wide open and mutter "I can't believe its a Saturn"

Its kind of fun.:D

·
First Reported SKY Owner!
408 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Sunney SKY--Congrads on the addition:thumbs: I also have some of the same experiences here in the Virginia area. I planning a trip to South Florida next month, and if the public is having this kind of reaction to 1 SKY, what would they say to 2 back-to-back?:D My baby's name is Bianca, and we plan to travel on the autotrain the second week of May. I can't wait to cruise the Miami area, and think it would be real cool for us to share our additions with the SKYROADSTER.COM family.:cheers:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I really love the reactions I get when i tell them how much it cost, most of the time their mouth drops open and their eyes bug out and they say, NO WAY! it has to cost 40K..... then they ask if i had to pay above sticker, and i say Nope....:)

·
Registered
72 Posts
SunneySky said:
I for one, have never owned a car that people would stare at and compliment. I did own one that they would stare at but that was because it was such an ugly wreck... However the Sky gets stared at, complimented, and people drive crazy just to look at it. Most likely its because its so new - they just haven't seen one before.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had some fun stories to tell about the compliments they have had with their Skys?

I actually got pulled over by a cop who came up and said with a smile... "I just pulled you over to get a better look at your car... very nice - drive safely" Then there is all the people who have yelled "nice ride" as I drive by. And those at gas stations who stare with their mouths wide open and mutter "I can't believe its a Saturn"

Its kind of fun.:D
Hey....remember me?....I'm the guy who bought that ugly wreck from you...:D
It still runs....but it's still ugly....:D

·
Registered
39 Posts
yelling

yesterday, on our way home from church with the car, a couple girls on the sidewalk yelled "Nice Car" -kinda strange on an Easter morning, but it made my husband and me smile!:lol:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
spamelaj said:
yesterday, on our way home from church with the car, a couple girls on the sidewalk yelled "Nice Car" -kinda strange on an Easter morning, but it made my husband and me smile!:lol:
that happens alot, even driving down the interstate....at 70 MPH:thumbs:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Crowd of people around my car......

Went into the local hardware store for a quick second, and upon returning to my car there was literally a crowd of people around my new sky. Circling it, looking underneith it, and checking it from all angels. Nice feeling.

Also pulled up next a porsche 911. The driver had his kids in the back seat. They hung out of the window and gave me a thumbs up and compliment on the car.

·
Registered
517 Posts
that's why i WANT one!:D

i want people to notice me and say nice things about my car. :) it is such an easy way to get respect, if you can afford one......:eek:

i just need to get a loan, then i can get RESPECT!!!:)

or maybe get my dad to buy me one, but it will be mine and I will get the respect!!!!:D

the best thing about the sky is that people respect you and compliment you and wish they had one like you do!:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
skyepilot said:
that's why i WANT one!:D

i want people to notice me and say nice things about my car. :) it is such an easy way to get respect, if you can afford one......:eek:

i just need to get a loan, then i can get RESPECT!!!:)

or maybe get my dad to buy me one, but it will be mine and I will get the respect!!!!:D

the best thing about the sky is that people respect you and compliment you and wish they had one like you do!:thumbs:
Just remember, in order to get respect you have to give respect.:)

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Love is a given, respect is earned.:thumbs:

·
Registered
122 Posts
if you don't respect yourself, no car or any other thing for that matter is going to be enough.

the person who will get the most respect is the person who can drive a POS and still hold their head high.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I don't think respect has anything to do with what kind of car you drive. Respect is earned...not bought. I know lots of people that drive cool, expensive, hot-looking cars...but that doesn't mean I respect them for it. Treating people the way you would want to be treated yourself is the quickest way of earning respect. :thumbs:

·
Registered
29 Posts
skyepilot said:
if i get the car, i will get respect, regardless of how i got the car, :thumbs:
You've got a lot to learn. Listen to what the others are saying...they are absolutly right.

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
Skyman

SkyMan 07 said:
I really love the reactions I get when i tell them how much it cost, most of the time their mouth drops open and their eyes bug out and they say, NO WAY! it has to cost 40K..... then they ask if i had to pay above sticker, and i say Nope....:)
Well I will have to pay 40K for mine, problem with getting it from Canada

Kimberly
ChiliSKy

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
ChiliSky said:
Well I will have to pay 40K for mine, problem with getting it from Canada

Kimberly
ChiliSKy
How much is that in real money?:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
453 Posts
How old R U

Ayee, skypilot, how old are you? You sound so young and nieve.. but sweet. I don't care how "cool" a car is, it will not get you respect. Envy, maybe, but not respect.

T

·
Registered
517 Posts
tolaiz said:
Ayee, skypilot, how old are you? You sound so young and nieve.. but sweet. I don't care how "cool" a car is, it will not get you respect. Envy, maybe, but not respect.

T
to people my age, envy IS respect!:)

some people might want a sky so others will envy them, i want a sky so others will respect me.:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts