Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I,ve had my Sky 2 weeks now, the first morning i drove it to work all the gauges and radio went off and all the instuments lights came on,oil light.door ajar, etc. When i got off work every thing worked fine. took it into dealer and they said their was a problem with a ground wire and fixed it. Next morning i went to work, same thing happened, took it back to dealer.and they replaced computer which controls the electrical. Next day drove it to work, same thing happened. Maybe it does,nt like going to work. Took it back to dealer today. Just curious if anyone else has this problem. It only happens in the morning. since they put the new computer in it, it does it more frequently.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
That IS a new one on me. I have heard of radio displays blanking out and starters either sticking (running on) or not working but yours sounds like a real computer dump! I hope they get to the bottom of it soon. And I hope it is the only problem you ever have! :cheers:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sky is in the shop now

for the radio and dash lights going off and on. So far the lights are working in there hands.They say I can,t find nothing wrong. So I'll take it home today and see what happens.The first night it happen ,It was total darknest inside the car.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Welcome and thanks for bringing us a new issue. If I am correct you are the first to report this issue. Please let us know what the eventual fix is.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Sounds like you're losing another ground wire somewhere, my Camaro did the same sort of thing when I forgot to reattach a ground wire.

Or, you could have a wire that has been rubbing somewhere and you're getting a short some how.

·
Super Moderator
11,614 Posts
bradyb said:
Sounds like you're losing another gournd wire somewhere, my Camaro did the same sort of thing when I forgot to reattach a ground wire.

Or, you could have a wire that has been rubbing somewhere and you're getting a short some how.
You read my mind...not hard as it really is only a flyer but still.

Sounds like a short in the loom somewhere.

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
Robotech said:
You read my mind...not hard as it really is only a flyer but still.

Sounds like a short in the loom somewhere.
LOOM? we talking about weaving now on this forumn??? :lol:
It's almost as funny as me remembering what a loom even is.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Pitcom said:
LOOM? we talking about weaving now on this forumn??? :lol:
It's almost as funny as me remembering what a loom even is.
Or you can say "harness" if you're a Hyper Hypo like Phillip.

·
Registered
202 Posts
If the alternator isn't functioning properly all of that stuff can happen as well. They should have done a charge test on it to eliminate that possibility.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Now that you mentioned this, just within the last couple of days when ever I start my baby up the radio display is gone. Takes about 30 secs to come back on.....:banghead:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No Computer Problem after all

After Taking my Sky back to dealer 4 times for all Instument light failures and radio failure, all it turned out to be was when the car was being built somebodey used too long of a bolt in a certain area and it pinched a wire up against the frame of car,causing dash and radio to short out. Have had car back a week now and everything is running great. I will say that the Saturn Dealership where i was going to was First Class all the way. Very willing to answer all my questions and promply worked on my car and got r done right. Chili Pepper Red, Black Interior,Monsoon stereo system.

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
nenes kk said:
After Taking my Sky back to dealer 4 times for all Instument light failures and radio failure, all it turned out to be was when the car was being built somebodey used too long of a bolt in a certain area and it pinched a wire up against the frame of car,causing dash and radio to short out. Have had car back a week now and everything is running great. I will say that the Saturn Dealership where i was going to was First Class all the way. Very willing to answer all my questions and promply worked on my car and got r done right. Chili Pepper Red, Black Interior,Monsoon stereo system.
Thanks for the update. Glad they found the problem.

·
Registered
205 Posts
just for future advice record the problem on a video camera if you have an issue. I've learned from experience to catch it on tape so they can't say that well there was nothing wrong with it and it didn't occur while we had it. It happens all the time and results in multiple visits.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts