Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never owned a Saturn, but have heard mixed reviews as far as the quality of their cars are concerned... does anyone have a take on the level of quality the SKY will uphold (or is at least expected to?).

·
Registered
623 Posts
Saturn is going thru a re-birth. The SKY is the 1st of these "new-Saturns," and to compare it to the older Saturns would be pointless as it has little in common with them other than the name and dealership structure.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Saturn Owner

I own a 2003 ION which has been a great car. I have had no mechanical problems over the first 43K miles. I am so eager to get a Sky because of my past experience with the Ion. I hope this helps answer your question and concern.

Marc

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
I own a 2003 Vue and we have put 38,000 maintenance free miles on it. Seeing as how Saturn is changing up the line up of the vehicles one of the most important things for me is the relationship I have with my dealer.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Mine has always been good from regular services to nit noid questions. He is going out of his way to provide me information on the purchase of the SKY. I am afraid that the information isn't trickling down to the individual dealers yet. It might still be too soon to publish official information down to the dealers and some of them are winging it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Regarding the quality going forward I think that one huge thing that we have in our corner is Bob Lutz and his open committment to the quality of the Kappa program and to a greater degree the image of Saturn and Pontiac going forward at GM. I get the sense that this is very real and clearly he has put his rep on the line. If you get a chance listen to what he had to say at the Detroit Solstice kickoff event last friday Aug 8th. (GMtv has it). He didn't pull his punches. I'm a convert at this point and will back it up with the purchase of a fine red Solstice roadster quite soon.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Just purchased a 2006 ION. It is a great car(for the wifey) :D I kind of like the quality of it too. When the salesman introduced me to the Sky, I fell in love with it. The sales staff treated us like royalty, and the customer service rep was outstanding. Having owned a 1993 sl2, I can tell you that the "NEW SATURNS" have what it takes to be a top contender in the auto market. I don't know what your tastes are, but, if you like quality in a car and great customer service and satisfaction....You won't be disappointed.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
sky_line said:
Just purchased a 2006 ION. It is a great car(for the wifey) :D I kind of like the quality of it too. When the salesman introduced me to the Sky, I fell in love with it. The sales staff treated us like royalty, and the customer service rep was outstanding. Having owned a 1993 sl2, I can tell you that the "NEW SATURNS" have what it takes to be a top contender in the auto market. I don't know what your tastes are, but, if you like quality in a car and great customer service and satisfaction....You won't be disappointed.
Did they take your picture with it on the lot? Ours did and we recieved a calendar in the mail about a month later with a picture of us in front of our Vue. :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Funny, I wish they had done that, they did take a picture.. but it goes in the showroom on the wall of shame.. err I mean new owners.. ( I'm kidding.. I love my Vue and the Saturn of Longwood staff was awesome... )

I specially liked the announcement when we bought it.

"all saturn employees please come to the launch pad" ..

They all welcomed us to the Saturn family (happy as they where because our second choice was a Nissan Murano and we opted for the saturn simply based on the staff all things beign equal) and shook our hands.. it was a great buying experience.

·
Registered
242 Posts
marklynn70 said:
Did they take your picture with it on the lot? Ours did and we recieved a calendar in the mail about a month later with a picture of us in front of our Vue. :)
yes they did that and we met all of the sales people and I even drove it off of the showroom floor. And the local radio station was there and i receiced an on-air interview. Kewl, huh? :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
sky_line said:
yes they did that and we met all of the sales people and I even drove it off of the showroom floor. And the local radio station was there and i receiced an on-air interview. Kewl, huh? :lol:
:) Very Awesome! :cheers:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
I have a 2003 L200. I have had some probles with it, but nothing too big. Part of the problem is probably me- I tend to be kinda rough on cars and had problems with my Camry and Mercedes 300E. I will say that they really stood behind the car much better than Toyota ever did and have consistently gone farther than I ever expected to make me happy.

I had no intention of buying another Saturn until the SKY came along. The wonderful dealer experience just didn't make up for the mediocre car that I bought (largely due to the price).

When I trade it, I'll end up taking a substantial hit because the resale value just isn't there and I'm still upside down after two and a half years. I'm hoping this won't be the case with my Sky, but I don't really care since I doubt I'll be interested in selling it any time soon. The fact that there won't be that many of them should help a lot, not to mention that all convertibles seem to hold value pretty well here.

I should also mention that buying the car was a lot of fun. When I went to pick it up, it was in a glassed-in area on the showroom floor looking all pretty with spotlights on it. As I was getting into the car, a thought popped into my head and I said to the salesman "Wait a minute! Aren't you guys supposed to sing or something?" He was a big tough looking guy, though very nice, and I found the idea of him singing anything pretty amusing.

He paused and said "Uh- yeah, I guess- if you really want..." and I just smiled. He told me to wait a moment. He came back with everyone who was working in the dealership and they all did this cheer with my name in it, then I drove away. A month later, I got the aforementioned calendar in the mail. I didn't even notice when they took the picture.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts