Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure how many times I've visited the three local dealers and I've noticed a lot of wear and tear between their Yellow, Black, and Red Skys. The Yellow car is especially bad and I have noticed the following:

#1 Yellow Paint on the top side of the front fender wells under the hood, I'm guessing the hood was rubbing on the tops of the fender wells?

#2 Chipped paint around the front edge of the trunk.

#3 Worn plastic interior pieces, scratches on the silver panel over the tranny tunnel. Guages and scratches surrounding the center/front convertible latch (looks really bad).

#4 The black piano panels had a bit of a orange peel or wavy texture.

#5 Driver's leather seat sagging from people sliding in and out.

#6 Different color panels, the front and rear plastic fascias were a little bit darker then the doors, hood and rear quarter panels?

#7 Big 1" gap between the front edge of the hood and the top of the front fascia.

I understand the poor car has some hard miles on her but boy that's a lot of wear and tear. Anybody experiencing any of these things on their own cars? What about the different paint colors and bad panel gaps, anybody seen this?

I'll be happy that GM has built a few thousand cars by the time I get mine.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
bradyb said:
I'm not sure how many times I've visited the three local dealers and I've noticed a lot of wear and tear between their Yellow, Black, and Red Skys. The Yellow car is especially bad and I have noticed the following:

#1 Yellow Paint on the top side of the front fender wells under the hood, I'm guessing the hood was rubbing on the tops of the fender wells?

#2 Chipped paint around the front edge of the trunk.

#3 Worn plastic interior pieces, scratches on the silver panel over the tranny tunnel. Guages and scratches surrounding the center/front convertible latch (looks really bad).

#4 The black piano panels had a bit of a orange peel or wavy texture.

#5 Driver's leather seat sagging from people sliding in and out.

#6 Different color panels, the front and rear plastic fascias were a little bit darker then the doors, hood and rear quarter panels?

#7 Big 1" gap between the front edge of the hood and the top of the front fascia.

I understand the poor car has some hard miles on her but boy that's a lot of wear and tear. Anybody experiencing any of these things on their own cars? What about the different paint colors and bad panel gaps, anybody seen this?

I'll be happy that GM has built a few thousand cars by the time I get mine.
You have to remember that those cars are going through hell... :D They get 10 times the wear in a week that we give in a few months.
My yellow has a bit of wear on the inside of the hood where it rubbed (no longer) on the wheel well. Found that it is quite common - just that the lighter colored cars show it due the contrast.
One item you bring up is the seats. Most likely what you are describing as sagging is stretching, and that will happen over time to leather seats. That's what makes them nice and comfy. The bad thing is the seat is stretching to 19246389 rear ends rather than just one...:lol:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rick Tinley Park said:
My yellow has a bit of wear on the inside of the hood where it rubbed (no longer) on the wheel well. Found that it is quite common - just that the lighter colored cars show it due the contrast.
:
So what did you do to fix it? Is everybody's interior holding up okay?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
bradyb said:
So what did you do to fix it? Is everybody's interior holding up okay?
I was able to twist up the little stop that holds the hood in position. I gave it a 1/4 turn (if that much) and no more mark...
They are silver and at the windshield end of the hood. :D

·
Registered
804 Posts
We have had ours for 3 months now and no problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts