Saturn Sky Forum banner

101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
I'm so glad this thread is here. It is good to know that I'm not alone in this situation.

I've had my baby for almost 2 weeks now...

My S.O. and I work at the same school. I guess people keep asking her if she's gotten to drive it. After hearing the answer is no, I get the dumbfounded stares reeking of, "you meanie...you won't let her drive it???"

We were at her sister's house the other evening and "sister's fiance" wanted to go look at the car. He asked if it was open. It wasn't, so I pulled out the fob and clicked the "unlock" button. I caught hell for not just passing off the keys. Personally, I cannot even imagine handing the keys to my Sky off to a man who drives a beat up Ford Ranger with crappy brakes.

Buying the Sky has put a crimp in our relationship...one we will work through, in time...but if we can't, *grin* at least I'll be driving away in a yellow Sky :cool:

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
More to come...

I'm so glad this thread is here. It is good to know that I'm not alone in this situation.
I suspect as others move from "want-to-be" to owner, then this thread will become more meaningful to them too.

R1chy

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I love my car and actually skipped some family events to spend time with my car with the top down during the unseasonably warm temps. No one understands but ya'll.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
On Christmas Eve, I showed my grandmother a slideshow of my new nephew, but first she had to look at pics of my car. When my mother saw that I had pics of Grant that she didn't, she had me transfer them into her memory card for her.

Fifteen minutes later, she asked me for the Sky pics too so she'd have "pictures of both (her) grandchildren." I had to confess that I'd already slipped them in with the baby. She really needed to have them. She drives this:

Please don't judge too harshly. Mom is quite aware of the shame she has brought to the family. :lol:

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Keep this mum....

Please don't judge too harshly. Mom is quite aware of the shame she has brought to the family. :lol:
ReedRed - you are soooo bad. I hope your Mom doesn't find your post, otherwise you may not get a home cooked meal for a long time.

R1chy

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I go outside to have a smoke and I find myself just staring at my Sky. I admire the curves and the angles of this car. My Sky is almost 8 months old and I have lost none of the perm -a-grin :D that I had the first time I saw it. Kind of hypnotic.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I swore I wasn't going to wash it Saturday ... too cold. But at about 11am I saw it was about 55 degrees, and not raining, so out I went. My husband, who had been outside all morning, already had the hose hooked up for me. He knows me and my sickness all too well.:lol:

·
Registered
305 Posts

I've had my baby for almost 2 weeks now...

My S.O. and I work at the same school. I guess people keep asking her if she's gotten to drive it. After hearing the answer is no, I get the dumbfounded stares reeking of, "you meanie...you won't let her drive it???"

That was 12/17/06

I've now owned the car for 4 months, 16 days, and just passed off the keys for the very first time. It's lawn day for me...I'm not using it. I keep thinking I should feel proud of myself for sharing so well (finally)...but alas...

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #110 (Edited)
Good for you...

That was 12/17/06

I've now owned the car for 4 months, 16 days, and just passed off the keys for the very first time. It's lawn day for me...I'm not using it. I keep thinking I should feel proud of myself for sharing so well (finally)...but alas...
Now that you have gotten that out of the way... So how many times did you look down the street for your Sky's return?

Let me tell you my version of your story:

First off you have to know I bought the Sky for my wife's Birthday, but I'm the one putting all the miles on it.

My wife's sister is coming into town for the weekend and heading over to her Mom's house. My Wife's plan was to loan her sister our daily driver Camery and my wife would follow down later in the day in her Sky. So I wash it all up and park it at the end of the drive so she is all set. Then being the "sharing" man I am, I tell her to offer it to her sister to drive to her Mom's house. What was I thinking, an hour down I-95 with all those trucks and Friday commuters rushing to get home. OMG - I was pacing waiting for that arrival phone call.

Well, let it be known that I'm a caring and sharing man; but next time I will make sure that I'm got two down the Ol'pipes to smooth over my nerves.

Bottom line, I can relate.

R1chy

·
Registered
363 Posts
Running out of excuses and need some new ones to use, can't ya help a buddy?
Ok, since your have put most of the miles on "her sky" doing your "testing" and such, maybe you should offer to buy her a new one for this birthday since she was nice enough to let you use the "old one" for testing.:lol:

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Wish I could...

Ok, since your have put most of the miles on "her sky" doing your "testing" and such, maybe you should offer to buy her a new one for this birthday since she was nice enough to let you use the "old one" for testing.:lol:
Regret that there is not enough room in the garage and I'm not moving my car out ('37 Buick two door convertible). So maybe it's time to buy a bigger house with a three car garage...hummm

Rich

·
Registered
188 Posts
Running out of excuses and need some new ones to use, can't ya help a buddy?
No excuses needed here, just two ex-wives...

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Bumping this up to the top of the stack now that we have a lot more members out there. I can't believe you guys have lost your creative touch.

R1chy

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
On Christmas Eve, I showed my grandmother a slideshow of my new nephew, but first she had to look at pics of my car. When my mother saw that I had pics of Grant that she didn't, she had me transfer them into her memory card for her.

Fifteen minutes later, she asked me for the Sky pics too so she'd have "pictures of both (her) grandchildren." I had to confess that I'd already slipped them in with the baby. She really needed to have them. She drives this:

:lol: Well timed bump! This afternoon I sent flash drives for Mother's Day to my sister and my mother with pics and videos of my nephew and my new Sky!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Bump to the top since it hasn't see the light of day for awhile now and there might be some new creative people out there.

101 - 118 of 118 Posts