Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We gave the dealer a deposit and order back in May and all I can get from the dealer is an order number. Are the order #'s in sequence? Can I tell from the number anything? I spoke with the salesman yesterday and still no update. Can any dealer look at my order and find out what is going on. :confused:

·
Registered
197 Posts
At least you have a #

I gave a deposit and still don't have an order # or prelim number. Most are on list at multiple dealerships.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
We gave the dealer a deposit and order back in May and all I can get from the dealer is an order number. Are the order #'s in sequence? Can I tell from the number anything? I spoke with the salesman yesterday and still no update. Can any dealer look at my order and find out what is going on. :confused:
Try going in and asking to talk to the general Manager or if he's not there the Sales manager. Ask him if he would give you a print out of the event codes.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
If you gave a dealer a deposit and walked out with only a "Vehicle Purchase Agreement" and a receipt for your deposit ...you probably are not price protected.

Some dealer's refuse to provide you with a "VOM" ... because they have an in-house waiting list for base/Red Line and as their Regional Mgr contacts them they, and only then, submit which model and stick/auto is allotted to that dealership ... and only then do they get and order number from GM.

From what we have read on this forum, many deposited customers have NOT gotten their VOM at the time of deposit and so are NOT in line for any price protection.

Now legally, I believe and an attorney confirmed, if your dealer chooses not to submit a deposited order and obtain a VOM, as described above, and GM announces a price increase ... as they just did .... then the dealer should not be in a position to pass on that increase to said customer.

Why? It was the dealer who choose not to submit a deposited order immediately placing the customer in financial harms way. It was the dealer's action that prevented you from obtaining a order number from GM ... thereby lost of PRICE PROTECTION.

It may be that the sales manager is following the orders of the Reginal Manager .. who is following guide lines from GM ... and everyone stands in a circle shaking their heads and pointing 'sky' ward.

The lawyer felt confident a court would rule against the dealer and award you the over charged money.

:cheers:

·
Registered
145 Posts
I placed my order and deposit on July 3rd for a redline. I called the dealer later that week to confirm that it was entered into the system but he never got back to me with an answer. After hearing of the price increase I called twice and went down to the dealership for an answer. No one could help me at the time but the salesman called me yesterday (a day later) with an order sequence # KGRS5M and told me I was price protected but he didn't have the event code. It was almost like he was reluctant to part with any information. I don't understand, if it will appease someone to give them some peace of mind and get them off your case why hold back on the information? Wondering if there is a way to confirm that the order number is valid and that my name is attached to it. :confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Dealer Sales Manager lets go of Info

I did get some action yesterday. The Sales manager did fax me event history on my car. It started with event code 1100 on 5/19/06, then went to code 1102 on 5/19/06, and then finally went to code 2030 on 8/7/06. I don't quite understand all the codes, but based on sequences I have seen in other posts, it seems like it should be further along than this. :willy: The car is a reg graphite sky with 5 speed, Monsoon, Red leather interior and limited slip. I did get a signed contract, so I would assume I am price protected.:) My order # is KDRM8H

·
Registered
153 Posts
I did get some action yesterday. The Sales manager did fax me event history on my car. It started with event code 1100 on 5/19/06, then went to code 1102 on 5/19/06, and then finally went to code 2030 on 8/7/06. I don't quite understand all the codes, but based on sequences I have seen in other posts, it seems like it should be further along than this. :willy: The car is a reg graphite sky with 5 speed, Monsoon, Red leather interior and limited slip. I did get a signed contract, so I would assume I am price protected.:) My order # is KDRM8H
You were price protected as of first event code. Once entered and given preliminary number your're all set.:thumbs:
Here are event codes if you need them....:)

• 1100 preliminary order placed/accepted at dealer
• 1101 preliminary order added
• 1102 preliminary order added thru web
• 2000 order accepted by GM
• 2001 order generated to dealer
• 2005 order replaced with GM Prospec order
• 2030 order re-edited
• 2050 order changed
• 2500 order is preferenced or "picked up"
• 3000 order accepted by production control
• 3100 order available to be sequenced
• 3300 order scheduled for production
• 3400 order broadcast (internal plant order produced)
• 3800 vehicle produced
• 4000 vehicle available to ship
• 4104 bailment invoice
• 4B00 bayed (note it's a letter "B" not 8)
• 4106 release bailment
• 4150 vehicle original invoice (dealer billed)
• 4200 vehicle shipped
• 4300 intermediate delivery
• 4V03 EDD (estimated delivery date)
• 4800 rail ramp unload
• 5000 vehicle at dealer
• 6000 vehicle delivered to customer

·
Registered
129 Posts
What part of Kentucky are you in? Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't there some contraints on manuals for a while which might have caused some delay?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I live in Louisville but the dealer here said he could not accept any more orders until August(now). I ended up ordering from Lexington dealer who said he could still accept an order in the second quarter. Does GM accept the order regardless of the dealer's available allocation?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts