Saturn Sky Forum banner

What's your choice for a club name?

• SNEAKER Club - "Southern New England Association of Kappa Enthusiasts - Roadster Club"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KKK - "Kappa Kappa Kappa"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Thanks denette

Got your email and the one from Martin also.
I printed them out for discussion with the group on Sunday.

Great job on the LOGO, I'm thinking bigger car silouettes down lower with some burning rubber and the Club name higher up on the shoe or on the toe?

What do you think?

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
At the smaller sizes of most logos, ie on a flyer or business card, the full name won't be very legible. Shrink it down to avatar size 100x100 or 120x120 and see what you think. When I do these I work at very small sizes and enlarge for viewing. I saw this in the thumbs in your post.

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I don't know??

I see your point but actually I think they both look good, however if I were going to use it on a T-shirt or something like that I would like it spelled out in the LOGO and probably would not put the text in under the LOGO as all the info would already be there.

These are both roughly 120 x 75 pixels

As the saying goes, each to their own, besides it's a group decision anyway and they may have completely different ideas?

In either case I appreciate all you've done so far to help the process along.

Respectfully,
- Mark

Attachments

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Bump

Bumped to bring new info added about SNEKR club formation to top.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Help!!!!!!!!

I am looking to start a Kappa car club for the following areas Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island

Visit the Official GMRoadster.com "SNEKR" Membership Website http://www.snekr.com/

Please chime in here if you are interested. Any members outside this area willing to travel are always welcome!
A Yahoo Discussion Group has been setup to continue SNEKR club formation
There is a moderator approval requirement for joining, PM me if your having trouble.
Please stop by and register - Skyman-CT

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SNEKR

Come Sky or Solstices.:thumbs:

Interested Members to date:

1. SKYMAN-CT (CT)
2. F.O.G. (MA)
3. ozyman222 (CT)
4. deluke (CT)
5. jayman (CT) [Now driving a Zoom Zoom]
6. SaturnFan84 (CT)
7. polarRLkait (MA) [Now driving a '07 Z06]
8. RedRedline (MA)
9. nomead (MA)
10. motocrash (MA)
11. xmicro_Redline (NY)
12. xmicro_Redline SR (NY)
13. hyperode (CT)
14. gffct2 (CT)
15. spud (CT)
16. pm01862 (MA)
17. birdliver (RI)
18. Sky 07 (CT)

Skyman CT or whoever: :willy: I am so confused.... :willy: Is there something else I need to do to committee myself to this Club? Oh boy, I need simple. Just let me know if I need to do something or be somewhere for this new club, (when all the details are worked out).…. OK

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #49

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
I am hoping I can talk to you during The Hudson Valley Run with some question. See ya soon. Glad to have you in my corner.

I've posted a copy of the AZ Sky-Sol club and WCKCC bylaws for everyone to see what other clubs are doing - please feel free to add any comments here or PM me your opinion.

- Mark

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #51 (Edited)
Bump

With winter just around the corner :sorry: many of us will be thinking about putting our babies away for the long winter hibernation.

I just thought I would bump this thread before that happens.

I'm looking to find an acceptable monthly meeting place to discuss Club Officer elections, ratify Bylaws, and start planning next years Rides, Events, etc...

Anyone want to chime in on these questions or add other thoughts?

How far are people willing to travel?
Should we pick one location or couple it with local events and move around a bit?
Are weekends OK?

P.S. Check out this thread for Charter SNEKR/GMRoadster.com membership information.
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19619

·
Registered
105 Posts
I can usually do Saturdays, but no go on Sundays. I am willing to drive to most of CT, RI, MA, or lower NH.

As for a place, perhaps we could find an event we could meet at. We have missed most of the lawn events at the Museum of Transportation (Larz Anderson)... but they have some pretty nice weekend shows aimed at specific makes of cars and motorcycles. The current museum exhibit is "American Muscle Past and Present". Have not been there in years, but the building and grounds are amazing. http://www.larzanderson.org

The New England Auto Show at the Boston Convention Center is Nov 28-Dec 2. www.bostonautoshow.com/

The Owls Head Museum has some events: http://www.ohtm.org/ in Maine (I have never been there)

I have also been to cruise nights at Dairy Queens, Fuddruckers, etc if we want to find a car friendly restaurant.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
:banghead: :mad: :willy: I have no idea how to long onto this new SNEKAR site. Do have start a new user name. I am once again so confused.:willy: T.

With winter just around the corner :sorry: many of us will be thinking about putting our babies away for the long winter hibernation.

I just thought I would bump this thread before that happens.

I'm looking to find an acceptable monthly meeting place to discuss Club Officer elections, ratify Bylaws, and start planning next years Rides, Events, etc...

Anyone want to chime in on these questions or add other thoughts?

How far are people willing to travel?
Should we pick one location or couple it with local events and move around a bit?
Are weekends OK?

P.S. Check out this thread for Charter SNEKR/GMRoadster.com membership information.
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19619

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #54 (Edited)
:banghead: :mad: :willy: I have no idea how to long onto this new SNEKAR site. Do have start a new user name. I am once again so confused.:willy: T.
T,

This is the link to SNEKR club website, http://www.snekr.com/.

This site is affiliated with GMRoadster.com a supporting vendor here but it is not part of SkyRoadster.com.

You will need to sign-up for membership before you get access to the site by clicking on "Join Our Club" in selection menu line.

This will take you to the membership sign-up page
You can use the same UserName and PW if you choose or pick another one.

The following memberships are available: see site for the different advantages.
Registry Only (free)
One-Year Charter Membership $36
Two-Year Charter Membership $66
Lifetime Charter Membership $360

In the Closest Chapter: field select XX-SNEKR at bottom of list.

As I stated earlier, joining GMRoadster.com is not a prerequisite to SNEKR membership there is always the free Yahoo site I set up to keep people informed along with the Sky and Solstice Forums.

Joining GMRoadster.com links our club members to a Nationwide Car Club which can offer it's members special recognition and discounts that local clubs normally can't obtain due to the size of the organization.

Hope that helps :)

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
T,

This is the link to SNEKR club website, http://www.snekr.com/.

This site is affiliated with GMRoadster.com a supporting vendor here but it is not part of SkyRoadster.com.

You will need to sign-up for membership before you get access to the site by clicking on "Join Our Club" in selection menu line.

This will take you to the membership sign-up page
You can use the same UserName and PW if you choose or pick another one.

The following memberships are available: see site for the different advantages.
Registry Only (free)
One-Year Charter Membership $36
Two-Year Charter Membership $66
Lifetime Charter Membership $360

In the Closest Chapter: field select XX-SNEKR at bottom of list.

As I stated earlier, joining GMRoadster.com is not a prerequisite to SNEKR membership there is always the free Yahoo site I set up to keep people informed along with the Sky and Solstice Forums.

Joining GMRoadster.com links our club members to a Nationwide Car Club which can offer it's members special recognition and discounts that local clubs normally can't obtain due to the size of the organization.

Hope that helps :)
Thanks Mark, I will sign in as NEW :thumbs: T.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Ok I think I am all set now? But, I am still learning how to move around on this site so it will take me some time to figure out what I am doing on the SNEKR site. Thanks for walking me through. T.

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I'm in...just tell me what I need to do!
:eek:)
Smakattack sorry,

I've been MIA for the last few weeks, check out our website on GMRoadsters if you want to be paying member of the national organization or just stay in touch here if you want to join us on local rides.

The link to our club site on GMRoadsters is below. not much there as of yet but hope to get better organized this year.:thumbs:
SNEKR Saturn Sky Pontiac Solstice Club - Home

Welcome aboard:thumbs:

41 - 58 of 58 Posts