Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw elsewhere that the constraint report for this week says 223 RLs available... definately ramping up the production.

So... 500 dealers, 225 RLs a week.... Is it safe to assume that based on averages, if you are the next 1-3 cars in the dealers queue you have a good shot of having car ordered in September?

Plus... why havent all these people found, and posted on.... skyroadster.com?? :)

·
Registered
653 Posts
Only thing you have to notice though, is that 223 for that TPP is 95% of total SKY production for that week. It isn't going to be that much all the time. I would guess it will be more in the 150/week range like last week. Although, I still think you're probably right that most people in the 1-3 slots at their dealers should get their orders placed this month. I'm hoping ours gets placed today! ::fingers crossed::

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have to fiind out how my dealer handles sequencing. If I'm #19 on his total Sky list and #3 or #4, not sure, on that list looking for a Redline, does he try and fill all 18 ahead of me first since the redline is considered an option and not a different model?

·
Registered
653 Posts
AFAIK the Redline is NOT an option, it is considered a separate model in how the orders are placed. So you're dealer will get an allocation for a Redline separate from the SKY orders. So, if you are #3 on the Redline list, then only two orders have to be filled before yours.

Man, that would suck if it was the other way around and you still had to wait for 18 other people!

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
AFAIK the Redline is NOT an option, it is considered a separate model in how the orders are placed. So you're dealer will get an allocation for a Redline separate from the SKY orders. So, if you are #3 on the Redline list, then only two orders have to be filled before yours.

Man, that would suck if it was the other way around and you still had to wait for 18 other people!

Being now 3 on the red line list can take 6/8 /12 weeks still before you get picked up. You can't figure that 225 cars are going to get picked up every week. This is a special thing I'm sure thats a whole weeks allocation around. They must be trying to catch up. but normaly it shoud be around 80/85 Red Lines. You could also sit at 2000 or 2500 or 3000 for three months. Sorry for the bad news.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Dealer allocation

Hi guys,

I'm new to all this, so I hope you won't get too annoyed with an obvious 'noobie' question. Apologies in advance to anyone who would like to :cuss: at me. :D With regard to Superman's post below....

I placed a deposit for a regular Sky on August 22nd at my lcoal PA dealership. Subsequently, I was told by my salesperson that "You're 3rd in line for the SKY, however, there are nine orders for the Red Line SKY also ahead of yours." So, if the allocations for the regular Sky and the Redline are separate, am I sitting pretty for getting the car before some or all of the Redline folks -or- does that put me behind the 9 Redlines? :confused:

The showroom I went to is part of a 5-store regional dealership (Sutliff) in PA that has high volume sales. I was told they get high allocation numbers for the Sky's. The sales person also told me "There have been 157 ordered all told since we've been taking orders. We are not totally sure how many have been delivered out of all 5 stores. We've probably gotten close to delivering 75 of them. So we're humming along."

I'm no math genius, but if this particular showroom has delivered 75 of the 157 ordered (almost 50% of the number for ALL FIVE stores combined), I *must* be in pretty good standing to get my car sooner than later. Don't you think?

But then again, how do I factor in this other comment from the salesperson: " "Nationally, I'm not sure where you are in line, I thought we had access to that info., but we don't as easily as we thought." :willy:

I just want my car!! :D

Forest Green
Blk/Tan Leather

·
Registered
28 Posts
I place my order and deposit on May 28th at Saturn of Carlisle Pike. Tuesday I stopped in and was given my order number and the production week of October 30th. It looks like a Christmas gift.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts

I am 4th (5th if they allow another buyer to order two cars) at my dealership. This week it was allocated a Redline, NOT just a Sky. It would appear that although the Redline package is an option, they are being preferenced seperately.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I ordered the redline with the expectation of a Spring 07 delivery. Must keep my head about these things. If I can't have it right now then I don't want it until the spring. Two seat convertible roadsters are not the preferred vehicle for winters in NY. Imagine after waiting all that time to finally get it only to see it sitting in the garage for 3 months. Waiting it out has it's benefits.
1) others get to work out the bugs
2) seat height adjuster
3) Extra $$ for downpayment.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I ordered the redline with the expectation of a Spring 07 delivery. Must keep my head about these things. If I can't have it right now then I don't want it until the spring. Two seat convertible roadsters are not the preferred vehicle for winters in NY. Imagine after waiting all that time to finally get it only to see it sitting in the garage for 3 months. Waiting it out has it's benefits.
1) others get to work out the bugs
2) seat height adjuster
3) Extra $$ for downpayment.
I say the same thing if I can't have it to drive for at least a month or month and a half then I don't care if I don't get it untill April. I had my first Solstice for 10 Months then traded for my GXP before the 2007 came out. But I couldn't drive it anyway only my husband could, due to 3 failed shoulder surgeries I need the automatic.

Here in CT. we put our Solstice and Monte Carlo away usually by Thanksgiving. Unless we have a really mild december.

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
I can't speak for all dealers but mine maintains a seperate list for base and redlines, but grants first right of refusal to the person with the oldest order for any allocations, lucky me I am first in line. Only problem I have it is not a very large dealer so they have only been getting one sky a month I may need to wait a couple months for a redline allocation :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts