Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is your Constraint Report for the TPP (Target Production Period) of 10/16 ==> 10/22.

• ZMG67 - SKY RedLine - 0 Available Nationally (0%)
  • N87 - Painted Wheels - 0 Available Nationally (0%)

As you all can see, NO REDLINE's are available NATIONALLY.

This KEEPS the SKY RedLine to 726 Nationally.

As I said yesterday, we got 3 SKYs allocated today, no RedLines of course... :banghead:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Manual Trans

This week there appears to be no constraints on manual trans. Could that possibly mean that when the turbo fix is made and production kicks again, we could see no constraints on RL/Manuals?

·
Registered
637 Posts
I'm really beginning to lose hope on my RL.:confused: :rolleyes: :willy: :banghead: :brentil: :mad:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
That loud noise you heard was me groaning! :D

BUT, at least I know and that makes the wait more bearable. :thumbs:

It also saves the dealer from seeing my eager excited faced walking out disappointed and in doubt. :confused:

I have never just followed the leader, but often ask questions of authority figurers. Not to be rude, but I tend to need confirmation in my mind that the course of action is correct. :eek:

This can upset a weak leader who has no answers or reason other than "are you challenging my authority"? :nono:

But I will not just drink the cool aid without testing it fiirst. :jester:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Just give it another week guys. I think we'll see some changes in this current 0% status soon.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
Northeast guy...

My order was approved 3 weeks ago.. and the RL delay has killed my hopes of having it early enough to catch some warmer fall days that can sneak up on us in november.

Not that I want anyone jumping in front of me inline (I DON'T), but at this point they can take as long as they like to get it right... Delivery in 20 degree January isnt going to do me much good...

I am at peace with myself, and the Redline. :chill:ed

·
Registered
478 Posts
Not that I want anyone jumping in front of me inline (I DON'T), but at this point they can take as long as they like to get it right... Delivery in 20 degree January isnt going to do me much good...
This is where I am. In fact, at this point, I would almost rather wait for the second production year. Maybe they will add a power lock switch to the door and make some other improvements.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
As crisp temperatures arrive here in upstate New York, I too find myself with the same thoughts. :rolleyes: :confused:

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am envious, you have a choice to get one this year:D . I might be able to get one in a year if the salesman is telling me the truth:mad:

They always say better late than never:thumbs:

·
Registered
40 Posts
I guess my location makes it bearable to wait until December or after the new year. Rumor has it my dealer will be putting in my order this week with his newest allocation. I'll call when I return from my trip to Denver for the Great American Beer Festival.

We joked about it too, receiving a car around X-mas. He told me that people go around from dealer to dealer selling those rediculous red bows for cars sold around Xmas. So if things work out, we get our car in December or January, with power adjustable seat, and maybe a goofy red bow...The way I see it, my TPW will be after the Nov intro date for power seats.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Guy's if your waiting for a 2008 you'll be waiting for a long time. They start the build Around June 26, 2007. That means you won't get your car to the middle to end of July of 2007 the earliest. And with the short supply you'll have to wait longer then that.

You'll miss all of spring and half of summer. And no price protection also from 2007 model to the 2008 model.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
Guy's if your waiting for a 2008 you'll be waiting for a long time. They start the build Around June 26, 2007.
I'm not sure I understand how this fits in... or who you are referring to.

My car was "Accepted by GM" three weeks ago. I was told by my dealer the next allocation is mine. I'm assuming the turbo issue just bumps my car back one month. I was hoping for November, now maybe December or january.

I think the others responding to this thread are in similar situation.

Secondly... regarding the build years...
Do they ever stop making the car? Are you saying they can hit allocation for the year early (say March) and they dont make any untill June?? My thought was the year didnt really mean much as if yout order is in and they dont get to it in current year it just comes out as the next year's model? Regardless, I think (hope) my car is way early of June.

I appreciatte all your great information... would love to understand more where you are coming from on this! Am I out-of-line thinking I will have this car in the next 5 months?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Preliminary Production #

You guys are such a help to us Idiots out here that don't know what were doing! I have a Production order #KKMV98. Does this mean my car is being produced or is in line for production? My dealer(salesman) tells me a month or two but claims he is not familiar with the Event codes you guys refer to. Any way to get that info?
Randolph
Black/Blackw/Red
Sky Redline

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
You guys are such a help to us Idiots out here that don't know what were doing! I have a Production order #KKMV98. Does this mean my car is being produced or is in line for production? My dealer(salesman) tells me a month or two but claims he is not familiar with the Event codes you guys refer to. Any way to get that info?
Randolph
Black/Blackw/Red
Sky Redline
Talk to the sales manager or general manager at your dealership and request they print out your order history, once you have that in hand pop back here to the forum and we will point you in the right direction:thumbs:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sky Reply

I think deluke is responding to those who have expressed an interest in releasing their claim on a 2007 for a 2008 production model. Unfortunately, I don't think it is that easy. If your Sky becomes available is January and you chose not to accept it hoping for a later model, I think you will lose your place in line and lose the protection from the $1,000 increase GM has implemented for Redlines produced that are not on their list already.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I think deluke is responding to those who have expressed an interest in releasing their claim on a 2007 for a 2008 production model. Unfortunately, I don't think it is that easy. If your Sky becomes available is January and you chose not to accept it hoping for a later model, I think you will lose your place in line and lose the protection from the $1,000 increase GM has implemented for Redlines produced that are not on their list already.
Yes, most dealerships will put you to the end of line I'm sure if you just want to pass on the allocation. But they don't have to put you at the end if they don't want to. The dealership determins what place in line you stay.

Yes, I was talking about someone who is on a list for the 2007 Red Line or Sky and your dealership doesn't get enough allocations then if you want a 2008 model your dealer has to input the order again. The factory doesn't just change it to a 2008. And there is no price protection from one model year to another.So you will pay the MSRP of the 2008 model.

If your order was already allocated and picked up by GM, you will have no problem with getting your car built for the 2007 model.

The total allocation for the 2007 build year is AROUND 10,000 total sky including the Red Line. They will never hit this figure in March. They have it timed out pretty good.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts